Esk8 confessional

…she owns all of the boy ones…

2 Likes

I have too many esk8 projects and still looking to start a couple more!

3 Likes

I got the reflective lazyrolling jacket all I want to do is wear it but it is 110°f outside…
So I wear it in my house :grin:

1 Like

ever noticed that Vegas old sk00l… when the mob ran it was much more fun and profitable…

fukk all you fukks that fukked with the mob

I’m quietly frustrated with my esk8 outlook for the rest of the year. Probably going to have to relearn a lot of things by the time I can get back on again.

/edit I sometimes feel like I’m circling the depression vortex just waiting to be sucked in. esk8 served as my escape from useless thoughts and feelings.

7 Likes

I didn’t get injured to your extent, but had to be off the board for a few weeks last year after my significant stack. It sucked and I was pretty tentative getting back to even my modest speeds.

Hang in there. It will go back to being your outlet and all of this will be behind you.

8 Likes

the decision to ride… and take risks… is a responsible question…

my friend I wish you slice in your decison… no one except you can make it… I hope you find peace in making your life safe and your joy of eskate a realiy!*

4 Likes

It’s not a question of if, but when. Obviously I don’t want to be doing it with a fractured shoulder, plus there are things to build (like a new battery pack) before I ride again. The con of having one esk8.

3 Likes

Sounds like you need to build another esk8…solves that problem

3 Likes

cough cough buy a onewheel cough cough cough

2 Likes

I said I want to ride, not die. In the Proverbs of esk8 it is written, that whomever chooses to ride the wheel of one, is tempting the face of Street.

11 Likes

I just stripped my enclosure down to bare, redid the loop key wiring, Extended bms leads, and rebuilt the board all because a fuse holder had failed.

Charger stopped mid charge. Verified voltage with metr(this was the mistake). Pulled the enclosure and checked the charge port fuse. Checked Pgroup voltage and bms wire continuity. All good so decided it was the bms. WRONG. The cheap fuse holder plastic had melted enough that the contact sunk down a mm or so.

All good now and a fresh rebuild.

3 Likes

I started soldering almost everything inside the enclosure except the XT90 on the main battery (and the loopkey of course) because solder connections just fail less. This even includes the PWM (“PPM”) wires as well, both onto the ESC and onto the radio receiver. I even solder the fuses themselves directly into the circuit.

3 Likes

You really burned that into my head. I started diy with PPM, everyone used PPM but you converted me to PWM. It even feels bad when i just use PPM.

2 Likes

So you just use a blade fuse and heat shrink/silicone it?

1 Like

It all started when I connected it to an oscilloscope.

“Hey, this isn’t even PPM”…

It’s not true 100% PWM either but it’s far closer to true PWM than true PPM.

The only relevant and reliable data in the signal is the length of the pulse.

1 Like

where is the wholly fuck is all my 5mm skate truck mounting hardware…

:volcano: :exploding_head: :volcano:

2 Likes

found 'em

w :doughnut: :doughnut:h :doughnut: :doughnut:

1 Like

Not an esk8 confessional per se. but a confession of cheating on esk8 with petrol thrill seeking. Now splitting my time between esk8 and spending time in the great outdoors on this steed. 04 CRF 250x. I love it

9 Likes

I don’t miss having a car, but I miss my motorcycles like crazy.

7 Likes