Esk8 confessional

Getting range anxiety because your new board can go further.

1 Like
1 Like

Did you sacrifice a benchy before you sliced?

1 Like

Oh shit, the benchy wasn’t soaked in WD40 first
thanks for the reminder

You probably had Doom running in the background while slicing.

2 Likes

I feel like this belongs in here

:rofl:

I can’t ignore this forum, I still learn shit here almost every day.

There’s rattles coming from one of my exway hubs but i’m pretending they don’t exist.

5 Likes

It will go away, one way or the other, no worries.

3 Likes

Exactly my thoughts!

1 Like

I need to get a video of how loud my motors are so that everyone else can feel better about their noises :rofl:

my hub motors used to be almost silent and now are loud. They have had proper maintenance done recently and they’re still loud :upside_down_face:

That makes me feel better :rofl:

I want to get another set of these hubs before I tinker with them, in case I royally fuck something up

1 Like

I’m not sure what you want to do, but in my experience it is hard to fuck up well made hubs. I do/ did have one set that was poorly made and could be easily fucked up if I didn’t already steal the remaining sensors from them. Some of the sensors had the legs broken off before I decided to harvest them.

Also the design on the inner cap and the outside hub cap (that holds the thane sleeve on) was done poorly and made it prone to yeeting its own bolts off. On my current hubs I only ever start to loose bolts if I forget to tighten them all the way after taking it apart, and even then I loose 2 at most with the rest staying half or fully in still.

1 Like

I just wanna stop whatever it is from rattling.

Bout to try and complete a range test on it, hopefully i don’t die.

1 Like

What type of hanger does it use? The hanger style I have can’t be loose or else the motor will come off so I can rule it out for my hubs, but the product photos don’t make it clear for the exway hubs.

You could get some liquid gasket maker and add a thin gasket between the side pieces to see if those pieces are making noise. That only works if they don’t have a tight fit to start with though. I have to hammer my inside plate on and off with how tight it fits. I don’t think the hub cap piece could rattle but it might be if it isn’t on tight enough plus the gasket isn’t hard to remove if you keep the surface it needs to come off from smooth. (as in don’t rough it up)

it is these hubs right? because if they are then I don’t even see a separate inner plate which is odd. :thinking: I would guess that there is a chance that could be the issue, but I can’t say for sure without being able to see how they’re actually put together. their stock photo kind of sucks.

1 Like

They’re older than that. They use the seismic trucks with the weird triangular bushings

Yeah, I have no fucking idea what that means or is :rofl: if you end up taking it apart and post photos I may be able to help? No promises but I am very familiar with working on hub motors in general. Although they’re not exactly hard to figure them out tbh

1 Like

I feel like you may be underestimating my ineptitude for mechanics :rofl:

Time will tell!

I do suck at understanding the general level of knowledge/understanding of things that other people have so you’re probably right :rofl:

The time difference may make things annoying but if you need help send me a dm and I can at least try to help you out. I’m more likely to be on in the afternoon/evening since I like to work from bed until like 12pm cst which should be your morning times unless aus isn’t actually 12 hours off from the US

I kinda wanna jump in here, as my hubs (cheap chinesium ones) have also started making noise. Like the sound of a sticker being peeled every time the wheel rolls on the ground. No idea what could be causing it as I’m a hub noob. I have a spare set of hubs and sleeves handy, but only one set of unbroken cheese metal hubcaps.