The "I keep breaking shit" Corner - Workshop journal

Onto the third scrub truck adapter, first one was 3mm 316 stainless and ripped in half, second was 3mm 7075 aluminum also ripped but lasted about 1200miles. And the third is made from 3mm 316 stainless again but is a place holder until i get some new ones from @SabreDynamics

4 Likes

Finished the rebuild if my portass dreadnought lathe

12 Likes

Yeah dreadnought sounds about right with the chonk of that fucker

dreadnought tickles the warhammer nerd in me XD

Bent MUD MONSTERs motor mounts doing wheelies, stole the deck for my commuter and installed the @SabreDynamics adapters
apex stiff deck is wayyy too stiff for me rn, it should soften up a little in time and i’ll get use to it.

5 Likes

I FUCKED an @ApexBoards motor, customer service at apex is super good and they sent a new can from one of there dungeons.
The new can’s battle hardening is waaayy better then the old one.
The can was limp dicking it on the sator, magnets are all loose and sensors got twated by a rogue piece of battle hardening
Pics-

7 Likes

Hey man, glad we managed to get this sorted for you.

4 Likes

Any CNC alternative with 10mm axle to Evolve hangers, those want me dead sooner than later and I’d rather stay alive myself ?

(this is the kind of crash you can’t buckle up for it made me loose a bunch of confidence)

5 Likes

@Razillian has some trucks that may work for you

2 Likes

I remeber @ApexBoards saying sometihing along the lines of “if [insert dude] can’t break it no one can”
Well…
With enough time i will break it
I present a crispy af motor
Colapsed bearing and totaled can
:))))

5 Likes

@Yeahthatperson I thought this was going to be your build journal :rofl:

4 Likes

When I saw the title I thought oh my god. Did somebody make something for me? A special place? Hahaha

5 Likes

this is a safe haven where you can break things in such away that people will ask how tf did you break it that badly XD

well there is some building that goes on. mainly breaking shit :))

1 Like

How did you break that motor that badly?

well from the two motor i got neither lasted a full year.
first one had magnets come loose and can break off (in the post before last )
the second the magnets were coming loose and can falling apart. the bearing then collapsed causing a full lock up and can rammed into the stator. i believe traction control caused the burnt windings but unsure.

i run my boards >120miles a week, they don’t get an easy life like most
personally flipsky motors are now on the bottom of my list of motors

1 Like

Which motors do you use in the same manner which are surviving better?

2 Likes

turnigy sk3 there senorless but pretty bomb proof

Weird. I’ve had the opposite with them. And weak as piss.

2 Likes

i’ve cooked the stator of one from a rc esc failing and broke a shaft on another from a mount loosening.
what bust on yours?

I found them to be way underpowered and heated up unacceptably off-road.
Are you saying you did 6000 miles in a year in the wet on the Apex/flipsky motors?