Esk8 confessional

So sorry about your deck!

Thanks bro! It’s a bummer, and to make matters worse a while ago I bought another TB40 V1 for a BN M1 build. Lol, I hope the same thing doesn’t happen again!

1 Like

Maybe some reinforcing could help?

Also the drop through plates from riptide

Most of the cracks I’ve seen seem to occur around the truck mounting holes. I’m thinking of a layer or two of fiberglass/carbon fiber? I’ve never done that before so I’ll have to do some research here on the forum, or send the deck to someone who actually has experience and knows what they’re doing.

Wow that’s crazy.

In totally unrelated news, I now have a TB40 V1 deck for sale!

5 Likes

Give this thread a read.

2 Likes

@jaykup, :joy: good luck with your sale! Maybe I’ll buy yours as a backup when my new one inevitably explodes. I’ll just keep slapping drivetrains on them and open a tab at my local hospital.

@xsynatic, thanks! It’s a great read and lots of relevant info for me to consider. I appreciate the link.

2 Likes

Ahhhh fuck. I wonder if some of the under side deck protectors would have made any difference.

These guys

https://armattanproductions.com/pages/product_details/22238

Glad you’re not all banged up and good on you for fessing up for the benefit of others.

1 Like

I just tried to ride switch up to the store.
It was bad. It was very bad.
Im glad none of you saw it.

6 Likes

Every time I try that, I regret it and don’t do it again for a long time.

6 Likes

Fuckin terrible. Would not recommend. 7mph wobbling curb to curb. And cornering? Fuggetaboutit

2 Likes

…and the accidental manuals, guaranteed to be looking like a total nincompoop.

3 Likes

Thankfully, it was on the plata, which is probably why my skin is intact.

I’m never falling for this again, Michael.

2 Likes

I tried riding backwards and switch the other day at the park :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Dat stance doh xD

4 Likes

That’s it. Banished to Reddit. Goodbye forever.

1 Like

Lol, your not my skate Dad, you can’t call me Michael!

It’s been a really weird one since I’ve been back. So strange.

Fun fact, I’m going for skate at sunset in khakis and a polo. Left the fancy dad loafers behind.

5 Likes

12s4p is the shittiest battery size.

It should either be smaller or larger. Essentially the most pleb tier of battery configurations

This is quite a broad brush strokes statement. But it is the truth^tm

10S5P has treated me well and it’s nearly the same size. No pneummies though, so it’s significantly bigger than 48/50 cells with rubbers