Esk8 confessional

The interesting thing is that after i do the detection in the vesc tool (sensored foc) and then look in metr, metr always says unsensored even if the sensors are enabled. I just change it to sensored and press apply.

So my guess is that you still use your sensores but metr just shows unsensored.

3 Likes

That would make a lot more sense because I can do standstill starts and smart reverse up a hill without cogging

3 Likes

you only really need one sensored motor to launch from a stand still without cogging, even on the bullshit fake ass sinewave the vesc based controllers throw out to the motor in FOC.

edit: I guess my confessional in this is that i know vesc based controllers are shit compared to true sinewave controllers and i don’t understand why nobody besides Freefly has ever attempted to enter this space. its like vesc is too gangster or something. its bullshit. or maybe we’re still too small to matter.

6 Likes

let no good deed remain unpunished…

this is your homework for this week…

2 Likes

probably this

4 Likes

I’ve been busy learning how to slide today and what do you know I did toe-side first before heel-side! Bear in mind I’m using sliding gloves and that helps a ton…

It took me around 20 minutes to start doing a push-up slide having never previously done it but like @yelnats8j said you just have to

SEND IT.

I’m even using fresh AF Kegel’s so anyone who says you can’t get rippy on grippies is tripping.

Order of operations:

• Pre-carve toe-side into slide (starting off slowly, I was sliding at only 10 km/h)
  • Put both pucks on ground shifting majority of body weight onto gloves.
  • Reduced weight distribution on feet allows wheels to lose traction more easily.
  • Boom. Push-up toe-side slide.

This video is literally the best thing out there!

3 Likes

I was thinking about this recently, skating in my teens i was one of the few goofy riders, all the rail slide spots we had were for regular riders… I ended scared of heel side to this day brain just says hell no lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its definitely the easiest way to learn to slide.

Here is a video I had to put together for school, most of my friends only started learning at the beginning of the summer so its cool to see how far everyone has come.

5 Likes

That’s gnarly as fuck!

1 Like

In that last slo-mo scene, did your buddy break his ankle? It looked… bad.

2 Likes

He’s alright walked it off with minor scratches.

2 Likes

God bless him.

1 Like

He is a rag doll man, I’ve seen this kid fall doing 40 and he just flies. We think he finally killed him self and he is already back up and on the board going down the hill.

3 Likes

I stepped on an evolve board today
I had to bottom out the throttle to get moving, then the brake to eventually stop.
I don’t understand those damn prebuilts…
If i dare to bottom out the throttle on mine i go zooomm, then brake to stop on a penny :c

4 Likes

Some people really enjoy the thrill and excitement from the random cutoffs. Personally, I find it a little overrated. I’m more of a reliability type of guy. I know I know boring right? But that’s just me

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I had an Evolve Carbon GT for a long time and never had those cutoffs. I did have some power switch malfunctions that mimicked remote cutouts in symptoms, but as soon as I figured out it was the power button rattling out, I didn’t have that problem any more.

I suspect more folks had power buttons rattling into the “off” state but thought it was remote cutouts.

Now it’s this board

6 Likes

I would not trust that kind of board anywhere near cars, or people, or even bumps in the road, and that’s not even because of the remote
Although that one is weird as hell… so much throttle range yet it bites around the last 30%

“tell me your sins”

*It has been 25 days since my last confession *

I was enjoying “virgin margaritas” all weekend until someone told me that it’s just lemonade. Total buzzkill.

13 Likes

Haven’t touched my MTB since August 16th.

E: well, i touched it today. Just to get annoyed again and thinking of selling it. Seems like diy just isn’t for me.

3 Likes

I’ve been putting off working on my build for so long that it’s gotten cold again. :sob: :snowflake:

1 Like