ESK CALC, here's a new one

https://mmaner.github.io/esk8calc/

This is a JavaScript mobile version of the spreadsheet I’ve been using for a couple of years. It’s very early in the dev process, still lots to do, but this is the major part.

If you find a mistake or something missing, let me know.

In the future I will be adding a way to save the results and/or email the results. What other features are you looking for?

19 Likes

@mmaner would it be a possibility to add a custom battery field? This way, we can enter batteries that aren’t the general public versions. A little something like this (from my battery pack calc app)

2 Likes

When I put in 10s2p the speed is wicked high:

4 Likes

May I suggest a max /recommended amp output for XXSXXP setup as well?

2 Likes

My max speed comes out higher than correct as well. Top speed EFF is much closer to my accurate speed.

Great work Mike! Any way to get a torque factor in there? I don’t have a threshold for what’s “good and torquey” but I think a number for it in the calculator would help a lot. Especially being able to compare it to current boards.

3 Likes

Great calc! Missing some cell types though, like VTC6

1 Like

That’s one if the features I’m working on. It’s a little difficult. I’m trying to feed battery specs server side so I can add ‘custom’ as an option.

I can’t tell much without seeing the battery type, S and P options.

Ah 30Q 10s2p

1 Like

The EFF value uses the efficiency value, the MAX value is unloaded.

If I had a formula for torque I could add it.

And to expand on this, having force (torque/wheel_radius) shown would be nice.
To get an idea of what acceleration would feel like on a new setup compared to the old, for example.

2 Likes

I’ll add it, I’m gonna work on it some more tomorrow. I only added the cell types I’ve personally used.

1 Like

Isn’t that Cell Cont Dis (A) and Battery Cont Dis (A)?

1 Like

Do you have a formula?

1 Like

No, @professor_shartsis got banned before I got that far =(

3 Likes

@mmaner @tipsy maybe this can help?

https://things-in-motion.blogspot.com/2018/12/how-to-estimate-torque-of-bldc-pmsm.html?m=1

1 Like

I just perused that, i am going to hold off until tomorrow trying to define the formula, too many beers :).

2 Likes

I’m on the formula right now… Please hold.

3 Likes

Most of our motors have a torque rating already. They don’t mention at what speed specifically but we’ll roll with it for now.

APS 6384 have 3.8 Nm of torque. This will be the only new input required.

Motor torque * gearing ratio = wheel torque

2 Likes

motor torque: T(Nm) = P(w) * 9.549 / RPM

wheel torque = T * gear ratio

double checked this against 3ds calc and it matches

2 Likes