ESK CALC, here's a new one

Are these the values you used?

If so, it seems accurate to me. I changed the pulley values to 1836 and it also seems accurate.

1 Like

And I’m lost all over again

I think I’ll join ya :joy:

1 Like

Yup, didn’t think it’ would reach that fast. Wonder if I should bump up the wheel pulley to regain back some tourque

1 Like

Ill see what I can do, thanks for posting this.

OK, I’ll see if I cna find a list of Nm values or something.

I have run 12t motor pulleys before but I always had skipping issues with wheel pulleys over 30t. My fave pulley setup is 18/36, lots of torque and speed plus little to zero skipping.

1 Like

one of the reasons I have a spreadsheet is so I can make rows of results to compare them quickly.

I thought about how to do this in a web calc. I thought perhaps to make it output a resutl set as a row at the bottom on the press of a button. and keep adding to let you do comparisions. or click a row to load it’s config back up in the configurator.

2 Likes

I am rethinking keeping the unloaded value in there at all, you can always set efficiency to 100% if you want to see unloaded speed.

2 Likes

Thats a good idea. Im not sure how I could do that with a mobile calculator. This is kind of a leap for me, I haven’t done any programming in years and never before in javascript. Every time I wanna do something new I spend hours practicing my google-fu :slight_smile:.

See you do know how. :stuck_out_tongue: yeah. I get that.

1 Like

I tell people at work frequently… Im not any better informed than anyone else, I just have superior google-fu :slight_smile:.

1 Like

ah missed it, great work!

1 Like

Kudos on the battery types pull down. I actually like that.
I can get someone wanting to put in custom values though.

1 Like

That would be the same as having a list of motor power ratings, idk if that’s useful.

3ds calc asks for motor power rating plus voltage and spits the torque based on that. (gearing too, for final drive torque)

1 Like

I always get batteries that aren’t really used by anyone :joy:

1 Like

Oh yeah, me too. Its hard to add all the info people want and still keep an app mobile friendly and easy to use.

I will add the commonly used cell types and remove cell types that fall out of use.

Thats what is confusing me, Im not sur emany people will know the motor power ratings. Does that mean I need to populate that field with a selectable list of values or have a default that is average or what?

1 Like

I dont. I have a dozen 30q packs, just now getting ready to make a 40T or p42a pack :slight_smile:.

I’m not murican. 30q cost a hell of a penny for me. 4.50/cell +shipping is the best deal I’ve seen in a bit for myself

1 Like

I can dig it. Honestly, I hate building batteries, like a lot :slight_smile:.

1 Like