ESCs based on the VESC

I mean flipsky ones have temp sensor anyway, I don’t really see the point in running any other motors right now, besides maybe reachers but those are expensive

2 Likes

Is it possible to get VSS working on say the dv6? With Flipsky motors?

hfi works pretty good on the dv6 from my experience. If you’re gonna run a temp sensor to your motor, you might as well use hall sensors.

1 Like

This isn’t very feasible unless you trust the ratings from the manufacturer, which can be comically inflated at times.

2 Likes

it has 480A fets so put 480 on it lmao

4 Likes

Measured power output… However, that also depends on the motor you drive and switching frequency etc.
Mosfet rating gives you little clue. It all depends on how well you can cool the FETs. So thermal design and Mosfet chose would give you the best clue. Unfortunately you can’t see how good the thermal design is.

there is new Spintend UBOX DUAL - 100v version now and DUAUL v2 as well

2 Likes

A company in Germany will release in Q1/2022 a new “ESC based on VESC”
Prototypes by end of the year.
As soon as I have more details I will update.

7 Likes

Gotta catch 'em all!

Added:

Spintend Ubox 100v
Motion Spin ESC
Trampa 75v VESC 6 (not yet released)
MakerX GO-FOC SV6
EOVAN Generation II ESC (Looks like it runs a custom firmware)
SmartESC (VESC Firmware for the Xiaomi M365 and Ninebot G30 controller)
Tomiboi ESC FRC ESC 150A

Moved to discontinued:

ESK8 1.2 (no longer on their website)

1 Like

the what

the SKU is named HD75

not sure if Tomi wants to be associated with it

1 Like

The hardware ID for the firmware is HD75? I don’t see a listing on their website yet

Yeah, I named that too early. Do we know if it’s a Yong ESC? I’ll just make it “ESC 150A” for now.

1 Like

I’m going with redacted for now. If they don’t like it, they can name it.

edit: It’s labeled Freerchobby now

2 Likes

it was listed very shot period when HD60T went out the window due to chip shortage, it was not easily accessable via normal browsing:

ignore the description part, it was probably just a placeholder for the HD75 details

its most likely made by Yong, but Yong has been using “BM” prefix recently, and this is an old product predate that prefix, idk if its correct to even call it BMESC of some sort…since there is an actual product called BMECS

2 Likes

I didn’t realize how old this was

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/FRC-VESC-6-basedon-Vedder-Electronic_60779895433.html?spm=a2700.7724857.normal_offer.d_image.3b967b60cSiU8O

FRC ESC?

2 Likes

ya, it seems to be “made” by freerc, but it very well could have been a collab between freerc and yong

1 Like

You’re sure it’s VESC based?

I don’t know a ton about it as it’s very new, but there is an endless-sphere forum link where I added it under “Other VESC-Tool compatible ESCs”. Their github shows it being configured with the VESC tool.

2 Likes

That’s neat. Mass market vesc devices!

3 Likes

I might be a little behind the 8 ball here, but did I read recently that the standard Maker X DV6 uses a custom firmware? Or am I tripping?