ESC slowed down after I hit a bump, is it trash?

Photo, please.

5 Likes

The upside is that if you only have this ESC and the better one on the Backfire as comparison, you will love what you get from a vesc.

5 Likes

@BillGordon Couldnā€™t agree with you more bill . I swapped a unity into my diyeboard kit :call_me_hand: it made all the difference. It made me stick with the hobby.

3 Likes

Iā€™d take the heat shrink off to look at it but both sides have this slowness. I have a VESC build in the works, very stoked on it. Have gotten a lot of help on here for it, its close. Looks good on the Evo deck too, I cant wait to finish and post pics. I saw your review on the exway and Iā€™m thinking I might replace the backfire with one, to have a reliable prebuilt in the quiver.

1 Like

Hope you got better trucks on there, I had mine snap while I was in motion, just riding flat. Wouldnā€™t trust that thing manā€¦ Straight up pot metal.

5 Likes

Dude that was ages ago. Ive built 4 boards since then.

4 Likes

No difference in any of the speed modes?

@BigZwatt

Nice man that thing looks sick, my next build isnā€™t gonna look that good but eventually Iā€™d like to get something as aesthetically cohesive as what you have there. I just figured Iā€™d mention the snapping to anyone who owns those trucks.

@BillGordon
Yeah and its even worse in the lower modes

2 Likes
2 Likes

Have you checked the battery? If some cells are disconnected from a p group, it may not be able to supply the required current.

2 Likes

oh man, looking at the Vallely deck reminds me of my good old times being a fucking bad ass hahahahahaā€¦ I love this deck so much, had it countless times back in the days. mhhhhh skateboarding in youth is better than everything in the world and nothing gave me more freedom and (physical)pain at the same time.

and this one is so sexy, bro.
i love it!

Which deck is that? I love this

1 Like

Mike Vallely by Powell Peralta.

2 Likes

80ā€™s reissue Powell Peralta deck builds are the best

3 Likes

yeah i like them a lot, too.
The only problem i have with them as electric boards is the wheel size which is needed.
Would be awesome to get those decks run some mini cubics or some santa cruz bulletz

1 Like

Wait, it is the newer version of the Bug deck?

I have this one

1 Like

Risers man. 25 - 30mm of riser will fit even TB110 wheels. No problem. Yes, riser + monster truck wheels is better than no riser and regular wheels, Iā€™ve tried both :+1: (for an electric, that is)

1 Like

it is a re release of the bug deck, yes, but not sure if the shape is original.

1 Like

All of them are re-releases. :rofl:

Anyone building on a classic antique PP should look at themselves in the mirror and wonder why they just drilled into a $500 deck when a reissue is $100

1 Like