ESC slowed down after I hit a bump, is it trash?

short board

Build:
DIYEBoard battery,
DIYEBoard enclosure w/ switch installed
DIYEBoard ESC
Flipsky 6354 Motors

I hit a big crack and the board suddenly slowed down significantly, I can only go about 15 mph now. Both wheels spin. No visible burn marks on ESC. One of the bullet connectors is not on there so well.

Any ideas on what happened and if this ESC is broken? I was hoping this shitty ESC would get me through COVID until shipping resumes.

1 Like

This could be a battery issue, that does sound weird.

4 Likes

What hit the crack? Possible you bent a motor mount and your drive gear is now rubbing them a bit?

2 Likes

Could be, my assumption that this is the ESC is based on nothing but noob speculation. They both come from the same shitty manufacturer.

3 Likes

Did you accidentally change the speed mode?

Just the wheels, all good to go still on the motor shaft

Nope, all speed mode settings are now scaled down seemingly

Gonna take the heat shrink off the battery to see if I see anything weird going on

Hmm weird, these ESC’s can act weird sometimes, I had one of these and I water damaged it and somehow all the speed modes scaled up lamo :rofl: :man_shrugging: in medium mode, the wheels would be spinning at all times and in high mode, the wheel would be spinning at all times but a bit faster.

1 Like

Lol this kit was such a joke, and total waste of money. I have replaced everything in it besides the ESC, battery and enclosure. If anything I want the battery to be the lone survivor here

4 Likes

I mean the truck + motor kit is pretty decent, ive had two sets of them and they were solid never snapped, but i guess it was a luck of the draw as with most chinesium products.

That might be indicative of a p-group having broken off… check your mains voltage and all p groups if anything seems strange

1 Like

tested the solder points where the wires to ESC are joined, Getting ---- for the reading, yet somehow the ESC is able to turn on. I tried an individual battery and got 3.7 or so. Does this sound like a p group issue? I’m going to have to do some research on how to check a p group itself.

maybe your not pressing on the solder joints with the tip of your multi meter hard enough.

Is there not a connector on the end to the esc? It’s not hardwired battery to ESC is it? Just probe the connector

Yeah I had a truck snapped clean through, itbroke right in the middle where you’d think it was strong too not the axle joint, luckily I was going under 5 mph. Also the mounts rattled until I epoxy’d all the screws in, not even Loctite was enough. If any other noobs are reading this don’t spend money on DIYEboard.

1 Like

thats the general consensus as they are banned and considered scammers on the forums.

3 Likes

had a similar behaviour on a water damaged esc a while ago.
Only went 5mph at full throttle.

1 Like

Got it now, 36 which is lowish but within normal range for this board.

@City-Blade-101

The water damage is looking like the most likely scenario, thanks guys. Bummed to lose my last working board during the plague…Had my backfire shit the bed too but it has over 1000 miles on it so that was coming.

2 Likes

Just unplug your balance connector and check p group voltages. I spent a ton of time hunting a problem. Literally like two weeks. Was a dead p group haha. Probably not the case for this… But checking won’t kill you and takes 30 secs

3 Likes