Epoxy on bare wires?

Hey guys~ about to gently route some channels for some copper braid on top of my loaded vanguard which I’ve sanded. Been searching online and run into mixed messages…? Is epoxy ok on bare non-insulated copper?

After that, should I coat the board w some protectant or something before I drop the grip tape on? Sanded the spray frit that came stock on the board to be able to route wires

1 Like

Yes, it should be fine.

3 Likes

should be fine between the griptape and deck.

id add some eletrical tape on top of the wires before you put the griptape down.

I would leave the tape off, it will create a weak spot where delaminations can happen

2 Likes

I was going to drop some kapton tape on it… what about what to use to seal the board? AgaIn, not much of a wood worker, so, I have a sanded deck and understand something needs to go on top before the grip tape, yeah?

Sorry- to be clear- the kapton was if I don’t epoxy/

kapton tape is what boosted did on their boards. from my understanding if you dont cut the channels too deep epoxy isn’t necessary.

wait how does the tape delaminate the deck?

2 Likes

It can make the griptape able to delaminate easier from the wood. In the end, the griptape is a layer laminated onto the other layers that collectively are referred to as “a deck”

3 Likes

ohhhhh. i thought you meant the deck itself became delaminated.

1 Like

No kapton tape on mine, hasn’t proven to be an issue yet

3 Likes

that room is almost as messy as mine :hushed:

1 Like

That’s Senders workshop, and I believe he mentioned that it was ‘cleaned recently’

All workshops are messy though. People who work in complete cleanliness are nuts :wink:

3 Likes

Messy just means you’ve been busy making cool shit and not spending all day making tidy.

3 Likes

doctors who work in clean rooms:

2 Likes

That’s because they have to :man_shrugging:t2:

I don’t know a single person who meticulously puts back every item as soon as they’re done with it, because honestly most of us know we’re just gonna end up going back and getting the tool out again to do final touches

If anyone does do this, hats off to you for keeping you space clean. I only clean my room (read as: workshop) when Ive completely finished a build.

There’s a reason I’ve had cut up foam sitting in the corner of my room for almost 2 months now. I know I’ll just keep using it so why bother putting it away :joy:

2 Likes

Is that epoxy? Or- what is that white junky?

I SUMMON THE CREATOR OF SEXY DECKS

@Sender

@Sender

@Sender

Can you please answer the above question, mans needs to know what white gunk you spooged into my vanguard. I’ve got no idea.

1 Like

Here is what I did… this was long before I had a dremel. No issues other than a slight bulge on the griptape but I hope to route out some shallow grooves and put some kapton tape over it in the coming months.

1 Like

Looks like a similar build to mine. Flex 2.
40inch? Looks like you went w direct drive. Sick. Still running pulleys here.