EOVAN / Stakboard Aireless Wheels Review

Any updates @ShutterShock?

1 Like

Hmmm yeah I guess I would have a few more things to say about these. They are not on my board right now, but I may end up putting them on again

Since I’ve started making videos, I decided that one in the near future will be on these wheels. You’ll have to keep an eye out for it. :grimacing: I feel like I’ve put enough information in the thread for now, and I’ll put a link to the video here on riding impressions and final thoughts after 100+ miles.

3 Likes

I’m potentially interested in trying the 105mm airless with cnc core, so I maybe could use your pulley as a reference for the forks. Really on the fence though about them at this point with momentum wheels coming soon. They are the same thing as the boundmotor 105 airless? Who makes all these wheels since they all look the same; eovan, boundmotor, stakboard

Nm on the print it looked like you had printed the metal part too

Also you can’t replace the tread on these wheels so you buy a whole new set with cnc cores because the tires wear out? That seems dumb. Can’t you just treat your wheels as a hub motor at this point and sell these for them?

2 Likes

Don’t know if it still matters, but you had the wheels mounted backwards. Imagine the thread as little arrows, they should point to the front. Just a little heads up, if you plan to use them again.

2 Likes

What are those?

3 Likes

I mean… Who knows. My bet is that it’s boundmotor that found the factory first and then Eovan uses the same. I don’t even know if Stakboard makes any of their own stuff since they sent me eovan branded wheels lol

I don’t really know. You can peel back the rubber a little bit but it would be very difficult to switch out. I suppose you don’t buy new sleeves for urethane wheels when they wear out but it’s not quite the same thing. Especially at the high price of these wheels. I have done like 130 miles so far though and the front wheels are barely worn at all. The back ones are showing some wear but that’s mainly from doing burnouts on dirt all the time

3 Likes

Hm. I mean it doesn’t really matter but it made more sense to me to have them going the other direction for same of grip, since on offroad dirt, the wider tread would grip first

Given the almost identical wheels and similar design, I would not be surprised with all the wheels are manufactured by the same wheel company. It would be interesting to know which company actually manufactures all these wheels.

1 Like

This kind of thread is designed to be used in wet conditions. Imagine the thread as channels, they are designed is such a way that the funnel the water out from under the wheel and to the back. When you flip them around, they channel the water to the front of the contact patch, which is undesirable. If the road is dry the orientation doesn’t really matter I suppose.

This design stems from the automotive industry and gives you better grip on wet surfaces. They are not intended at all to be used in offroad conditions.

1 Like

Interesting. That makes sense, I literally never ride in wet conditions so I guess that doesn’t matter.

That is also probably the main reason I switched back to pnummies, I like to go offroad casually on the board they’re on and these just weren’t efficient enough.

Surprisingly, they work well offroad though. The wide contact patch and shape grip pretty well.

2 Likes

Nobody asked for it but I did an official review on these anyway, as a way to start gathering data on all of my wheels.

Enjoy!

4 Likes

Great review. Looking forward to more wheel reviews. I subscribed.

1 Like

Thank you!

Any requests? Next up is the Onsra 115’s, then as soon as the Hollow Wheels come out, I’ll toss em on my board and get the process started

I also have 105 cloudwheels but I’m not sure there’s any point in doing a full review, might just add them to my score sheet

My requests would be Onsra 115 and Hollow Wheels so you are already on it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect haha

I’ll have to admit, I am extremely curious to see how bad the battery consumption is on the onsra wheels. I’m expecting it to be near pneumatic levels honestly

1 Like

Yeah I’d be curious to see the range difference between

TB110
Onsra
150mm 6" pneumatic
175mm 7" pneumatic

Do all these three rubber wheels have basically the same range? Does the diameter make much difference as compared to the compound?

1 Like

I have the onsra wheels, and consumption is extremely high :sweat_smile: 20Wh/km hill climb or fast riding (50-55kph), I have to admit I don’t really ever ride at 15-20mph nowadays though… But I guess I would get 14Wh/km or so at that speed. And that is on a single motor build capped at 40 motor amps, geared for about 40mph / 65kph top speed… So acceleration is really lacking in this setup

Grip and rolling resistance are what matter for range. Diameter doesn’t really matter, as long as you compensate with gearing (so the motors don’t have to work harder)

1 Like

Yep, ironically, the weight does make a huge difference, especially for these 125’s.

Yeah good questions. I’ll be adding the efficiency numbers when I review each thing. I’ve got 110’s and the 6 inch numbers already. If I find some 7 inch pneumatics that I can put on my hummie then I’ll test that too, would be interesting.

Lol that’s what I was expecting. The important thing for fair testing is doing the same route as these other wheels, so when I ride it on there, I’ll know for sure.

1 Like

Yeah that’s the way to do it. Can’t wait for your Onsra and Hollow wheel reviews!

1 Like