eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Welcome, bro. Matched your level from Builder’s.

1 Like

Hello, I am a beginner. Sorry in advance for my English mistakes. My last skatebord is built with the latest 75Kv Elofty engines (Thanks Kenna), they are torquey and quiet, they are mounted with 105mm rubber wheels, which for me are the best, the wheels erase the asperities of the roads , the holes, the pavements, the sewer plates, … but the diameter is not enough for the sidewalks, the tram rails, … so I’m looking for bigger wheels. I tested the TB of 110mm, it is much better for the sidewalks, but they are too hard and too slippery for me. I’m going to look at the site, thanks for the info and for your help![NmvSJDsVT7qTyTJI0HW3tw|666x500](upload://fm

TwB25c0H05vyXX44leuI0EhV6.jpeg)

8 Likes

5 Likes

I have the same set, shiny silver axle, not heat treated…bent in 2 days
Motors are great, hanger is good, axle is the achilles heal here I’m afraid.
Kenna is dealing with it, I hope the heat treated ones are much tougher.
How are yours holding up?

Mine are the heat treated axles and well as the one @Winfly snapped. I have only done 12 miles on mine so I cant say how good they are yet

4 Likes
  • Fixed added neoprene rubber spacer and nylon washer to the axle to relieve stress.
  • build a new 12s4p VTC6 pack
1 Like

@Winfly, You have done an Interesting build with lots of performance parts. Congratulations.

You call it an evolve killer … which I’m sure it is.

Have you had a chance to do any side by comparisons to Evolve or others

Do you have any stats for your configuration?
Weight?
Range?
Top Speed?
100m Time & Speed?
Braking distance from top speed?
Build cost?

Are there other comparisons you can make with Evolve like durabilty? I have friends who own Evolve’s. Those machines seem to be broken more often than not? What about water resistance which seems to be another Evolve vulnerabilty? How do the braking qualities compare?

Would love to know more.

@zastt
you were asking for advice for removing screws that are held in with loctite. This is a good instructional video that shows how to savely heat the screws without flame damage to the surounding material.

3 Likes

Can’t say about durability but performance is way better than Evolve GTR hands down. I think this Saturday I can see if someone bring out a GTR to groupride and we can film a few clips. Top speed with the 97 is 35mph. Range is probably around 20miles

Can’t tell you the cost because I got a deal from kenna. Sold the stock battery for $200 and built my own 12s4p. But overall it’s less than $1500

4 Likes

Cool. Thats pretty fast. Would love to see some race clips & times.

Thank you. But 5-10 min under girlfriends hairdryer was enough to get them out easily. After the first motor I even tried to get them out without heat. PH2 bit with constant pressure and slow turning, got them out with out any damage.
Maybe I got less loctite then others but it was panic over nothing.

Hi

I took a leap of faith and pulled the trigger on some eLotfy 58kv DD motors and trucks.

Thanks guys for this helpful info thread and sharing the experience!

Now the waiting begins.

1 Like

intriguing, same as eLofty?

I personally would NEVER,EVER,NEVER, NEVER buy anything ever again from Mike Beard!

1 Like

Direct link :point_right: https://www.janux-esk8.com/product-page/janux-quattro-elofty-hubs

2 Likes

It popped up in the ads. They even have same sleeve and deck afaik Also free wheels. China is so big but they sell all the same. The only one is winning the race is the real factory behind :man_facepalming:.

5 Likes

oh no way!
I thought crownwheel was the factory

Crownwheel make many brand. Ownboard. Dualomo and other. Also have dd.

2 Likes

Sure they are. But they sell to as many as possible

My eLofty’s (58kV) arrived today 12 days from order to Cali, not too shabby.

Overall quality impressed me, looks strong and well-made except for a few items, motors feel real coggy when I turn them over by hand, but it appears another motor variant has appeared.

Inner wheel bearing axle diameter is now 10mm, outer bearing remains 8mm.

The kegal adapter is completely reworked with large hex cap screws.

and they come with 4mm bullet connectors and nylon braid phase wire covers.

I also found 2 issues:

1. like @Tonkatron found on his axles the diameter of the axle at the bearing is oversized ~0.1-0.2mm

2. My rear axle didn’t come with any wheel mounting hardware, and I found out quickly why, standard skate wheel nuts won’t thread on, I don’t know if the threads need to be chased, or if they were machined with a different thread pitch??? I’ll know more when I get to the shop and get out my tap and die set.

Does anyone know where I can get a bearing to fit a 10mm axle? and also fit a standard skateboard wheel?

5 Likes