eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

The adaptors fit really well and @Lee_Wright has done a fantastic job designing them. We did a test fit and then had a very quick ride up and down the street. My motors are running great and once I have some new adaptors printed I will get some miles on them and report back.

First impressions, they feel great, I’m liking the DKP trucks (but I will be changing all the bushings) and the brakes are pants. So far so good

2 Likes

You are saying brakes are bad? Have you tried the settings in the first post?

1 Like

Will print and report back :slight_smile:

1 Like

it was just a test with adaptors printed in PLA with just 20% infill so i had very mild settings. I will try out the settings in the first post when I have better adaptors

1 Like

Sorry about that. I have so many files I don’t know if I sent you the right one then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know it is kinda a mess but there’s a new version of 56kv DirectDrive available. According to Kenna it uses curved magnets. And factory is coming out with new 72kv with more copper and curved magnets in the near future.

3 Likes

Hahaha, we need to keep track of the reviews based on what’s what. The new motors seem to be very different from the other ones. Is she going to offer all three moving forward?

Any words on the weight? They’re like 10 pounds of tough steel lol

Not sure… Lol I’ll get answers when she wake up.

The clone adapter does not fit clones wheels unfortunately. The prongs are not the correct shape/size

2 Likes

Thanks for checking man, they seemed like they would fit the SR wheel I had to test with. If you can get me accurate measurements I can make it, but I’m shooting blind without that measurement

This other one I have from thingiverse actually fits. It just doesn’t fit the screw holes on the drives

1 Like

So what I really need is these prongs on your baseplate

1 Like

Do me a favour, can you take a top down picture of the pulley with a ruler in shot please? Make sure it’s as straight as it can be, I only need one of the spokes really and I can make the rest

1 Like

You can’t grab the measurements from the STL I posted? I’m not home but I can do this when I’m home tomorrow

1 Like

@Ryansinatra, apologies the file was wrong, I dont own any clone wheels or eLOFTY drives so as you can imagine its pretty hard getting it right.

That said @Tonkatron had the other clone adaptors printed before I designed him the ones for genuine and so he sent over a photo and a measurement so I managed to combine that profile with my bolt pattern. I am quite confident this will fit now.

2 Likes

Will test when home :slight_smile: thank you again

1 Like

So I’m not gonna lie. This one still doesn’t fit the clone wheels :confused: the diameter of the prongs is too small. In this photo, the white one fits. The black one is yours that I just printed.

1 Like

I just made my own in meshmixer by combining the two STL files. Let’s see how it fits. Printing now

1 Like

Shoutout to BigBrit…very cool of you to be providing all of this help!

5 Likes