eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Do me a favour, can you take a top down picture of the pulley with a ruler in shot please? Make sure it’s as straight as it can be, I only need one of the spokes really and I can make the rest

1 Like

You can’t grab the measurements from the STL I posted? I’m not home but I can do this when I’m home tomorrow

1 Like

@Ryansinatra, apologies the file was wrong, I dont own any clone wheels or eLOFTY drives so as you can imagine its pretty hard getting it right.

That said @Tonkatron had the other clone adaptors printed before I designed him the ones for genuine and so he sent over a photo and a measurement so I managed to combine that profile with my bolt pattern. I am quite confident this will fit now.

2 Likes

Will test when home :slight_smile: thank you again

1 Like

So I’m not gonna lie. This one still doesn’t fit the clone wheels :confused: the diameter of the prongs is too small. In this photo, the white one fits. The black one is yours that I just printed.

1 Like

I just made my own in meshmixer by combining the two STL files. Let’s see how it fits. Printing now

1 Like

Shoutout to BigBrit…very cool of you to be providing all of this help!

5 Likes

Definitely :slight_smile: much appreciated

The clones are a differnet size. I should have given him the clone adaptor that I had but did not think of it.

I had a very quick roll down the road last night after I switched out the barrel bushings. Turns out that the cones are super short compated to normal ones so i’m going to trim those down at some point. Rolling on ABEC 97mm Reflys was dream like and I think I might have to get a set of 107mm now. The free-roll is insane and the DKP trucks feel really good. Putting decent busings on helped a lot as well and considering they are softer than the stock ones they feel a lot better with nice rebound, not so flappy. I bought 2 Mindless Juju sets, blue (race) and purple (freestyle) which are great as you get 2 cones and 4 barrel with each set. I put the blues board side and purples road side.

I will try again with more speed when my adaptors arrive tomorrow and try to sort out the brakes as well.

It would be nice if the VESC could use regen for braking for the first 60-70% of the brakes and then switch to reverse for the last 40-30%. It would make hubs and DD’s break a lot better and keep some regen

@Lee_Wright has good fusion 360 skills! big love to the big man!

1 Like

I know this is not helpful given all the fine effort put towards ABEC, but you have to try the Torqueboards 110 at some point. This combo puts a huge smile on my face every day.

3 Likes

I told him the same, I think you need the 110’s. Obviously elofty have shipped a kegel adaptor, that isnt for the kegels or cags as that would be outrageous

Thanks @Tonkatron!

Hey @BillGordon I do what I can man, I dont mind it at all!

1 Like

Like I say without measurements it’s very difficult

Sorry it didnt fit

1 Like

My version i created in meshmixer turned out great. Fits perfect!

I took the prongs from the working model and attached them to your baseplate. Uploaded here

3 Likes

Great! Glad it fits…

Sucks a bit that you dont mention in your description its a remix of my design and the other one after all the work I and the other guy put in though!

2 Likes

I will add that! For sure. New to uploading to thingiverse really.

FIXED! Changed it to show as a remix of the two original files and also gave credit in the description :smiley: cheers

3 Likes

It’s just thingiverse etiquette really mate, obviously when people take time to design something and then someone remixes it you normally give credit.

All good though! Glad you are on the road, that’s the main thing. Let us know how you get on

3 Likes

Ive got at least half a dozen models out there that have been remixed with no credit, I’ve gotten used to it :slight_smile:.

6 Likes

Doesn’t mean its right though!

Shame but it happens

4 Likes