eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Your right, it doesnt. I just stopped worrying, it didnt do any good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely intended to give credit for sure. Just was rushing while uploading :sweat_smile: busy morning. Glad I was able to edit it to fix it :grin: I appreciate you keeping me in check rather than just brushing it aside. As an artist myself,I understand the importance

3 Likes

Would you say the TB 110’s are as good as the ABEC 107 reflys?

1 Like

I have a set of each on my top two boards and have been riding them back-to-back for a while now. I like the 107s, but the 110s are clearly better in comfort and feel.

3 Likes

I guess I’ll get the TBs.

Anyone want to buy some abec 97 reflys? Done about 8km of gental riding

Edit: Only set of wheel I have for the drives so I will sell them when the TB110’s turn up.

4 Likes

Good to know, cause I recently ordered the 110s over the 107s. Can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

You will be very happy, my friend.

2 Likes

Dude. TB 110’s are without a doubt the best wheel I have ever ridden. Similar but better for comfort than the 107s but the grip is phenomenal compared. They look the bollocks too.

They smell better than 107’s too. Come on now we all sniff urethane. Admit it.

12 Likes

Their site is up but the board’s pecs don’t add up and a little confusing. I am interested in the board with the direct drive if someone could help me find the board on their site with the direct drive.

http://www.elofty-skateboard.com/

I don’t see a complete board with direct drives, but completes with hub motors and belt motors are available. Which, of course, makes no sense.

The motors are available by themselves, though.

1 Like

Looks like I have to wait for one with the direct drive comes available as a fully made board. I already asked them about it for their reply

:thinking:

It’s best you directly contact Kenna and negotiate the price. You know the cost of the drives+battery pack and ESC cost, deck and enclosure. You can use that to negotiate the price with her.

1 Like

That’s a solid suggestion

Or maybe ask her to make the connectors compatible with the Wowgo3 if they can do it.

I had some ABEC adaptors printed in PLA and PET to test the fitting and they are bang on. @Lee_Wright, thanks man.

I also changed my settings on the VESCs to sort out the braking problem. I found no need for using reverse. I just used the following settings per VESC - Batt 40/-20 motor 60/-60. It stops very quickly and even locks the wheels if I go hard enough.

Now I just need the TB110’s to turn up (still not shipped @torqueboards!) and I’m golden.

How is everyone else finding the drives?

2 Likes

I have mine on Motor 80/-80 Battery 25/-15, the initial braking is fine but low speed is weaker than my geared board. I think with @mishrasubhransu 's suggestions of using reverse the brakes will stay strong throughout the whole deceleration curve.
I have Boa 100mm on my elofty drives and think that this is the sweet spot. On my other geared dual 6355 build I run the TB 110’s and love them, but fear that those would be too hefty for the elofty drives.

1 Like

What battery and size are you using, may I ask?

1 Like

Still 10S5P. I am building a 11S8P right now but need one or two more days. :sob:

1 Like

The original bushings link listed here for a tkp setup seems to not work anymore. @mishrasubhransu can you suggest an alternative?