eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/Thunder_Bushing_Rebuild_Kit_95D_Blue/descpage-TUBRBU.html

2 Likes

Much thanks :slight_smile:

I run Current on both my boards. Never looked back.

Somebody try it already with direct drives. I bet it works for better brakes.

6 Likes

So… has anyone tried removing the motor can, revealing the stator inside? I currently have a supposedly damaged motor that won’t run, and would like to open it up and inspect. I have removed the 8 small screws that surround the can, but am not sure of where to pull and open.

Not sure if I asked this before but would these work with a Backfire G2T esc?

1 Like

They should, but with some level of cogging.

So this happened after 100miles of abuse. You can tell that I didn’t give a shit about the drive hitting the ground by how much scratches there are.

Im pretty sure I weakened the axle this morning when I tried to tighten the nut that holds the drive against the hanger. The drive would get loose, as in the square key and slot wiggles and knocks around, so I re moved the adapter and tighten this nut.

I might have tightened it too much cus at the end it gave a little bit. Then I rode for about 6-8 miles.

7 Likes

This sucks. They/Kenna will have to make sure it comes with better steel axle before anyone would buy it again.

Yeah, that’s some terribly soft steel. Shouldn’t happen just by tightening the screw.

Glad you are okay. I just crossed 300km on mine. Maybe it’s because it’s pneumatics, as you suggested, or it could be because I have the first batch(one with smooth can) eLofty.

3 Likes

Oh man. This makes me pretty bummed about my new drives :frowning: how much do you weigh?

help me help you

not even double the cost. 4 tires and 4 wheels. you can think about the warranty while planted on deck instead of flying through the air.

12 Likes

Almost Juan fiddy.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Sorry, man. But at least if you want a replacement set, you’ll get them as I know Kenna appreciates all the help you’ve given her.

2 Likes

have you had any word regarding the failure you have had from Kenna?

anyone else get their drives?
How are they? :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting for my TB110’s to arrive :cry:

1 Like

waiting on a unity so i can use mine… might be awhile :wink: haha.

1 Like

Get flipsky man and be done with it. Unity is never gonna come. And when it does, you can sell it for a premium.

3 Likes

update on snapped axle. They are gona send me new hanger with new stronger axle. Idk what exactly they changed but that’s the plan. Also getting a few things from kenna.

8 Likes

For those with VESCs please try motor_cfg->FOC->encder->sensorless ERPM=10000 for both motors. The default setting is 4000, which is good enough for motors with 14 magnets. We have 20 and hence the sensorless erpm should be set higher to have better performance(reduced cogging) at low speeds.

The increase in torque in the region between startup and full speed, is refreshing. Please try and post how if it worked for you.

9 Likes