eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Unless it’s an upgraded model or really inexpensive I wouldn’t buy those rubber wheels. I put 50 miles on a set and was underwhelmed. Efficiency worse than pneumatics and while they feel ok I imagine they wouldn’t last very long.

They are also extremely slippery in the wet :joy: which is ironic because other vendors sell them as “rain wheels”

If they were made without the holes to increase efficiency at the cost of a little comfort they would probably be worth it.

1 Like

I’m about to see @Lee_Wright and test fit the new adaptor he has designed. I finally got the motors on the deck, added bullets and sorted the sensor wires, run detection. All looking good so far

3 Likes

Do the mbs and SR wheels have a genuine abec core or the clone core? Thats what I’m asking. I do it have a working clone core adapter yet :confused:

the MBS ones have a non-clone core, different to the cheap clone ones anyway

MBS and Slick rev will not fit my adaptor, im working on one though

I have to make one small change and then its final! They fit beautifully on @Tonkatron board and keep the inside bearing on the wheel against the nut on the axel and we have ridden the board with them on. I just have to make the spokes 4mm taller.

I will offer to the group the adaptors printed in 100% Nylon for $20 plus postage, let me know if you want a set.

In case you want to print your own the final design is here

9 Likes

Ok So I tried SR and ABEC clone and they dont fit yet, but I can make them fit tonight. The spokes are a little too loose, if you hold the motor tou can move the wheel slightly left and right. Easily sorted later.

6 Likes

Try this one bro

4 Likes

The adaptors fit really well and @Lee_Wright has done a fantastic job designing them. We did a test fit and then had a very quick ride up and down the street. My motors are running great and once I have some new adaptors printed I will get some miles on them and report back.

First impressions, they feel great, I’m liking the DKP trucks (but I will be changing all the bushings) and the brakes are pants. So far so good

2 Likes

You are saying brakes are bad? Have you tried the settings in the first post?

1 Like

Will print and report back :slight_smile:

1 Like

it was just a test with adaptors printed in PLA with just 20% infill so i had very mild settings. I will try out the settings in the first post when I have better adaptors

1 Like

Sorry about that. I have so many files I don’t know if I sent you the right one then :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know it is kinda a mess but there’s a new version of 56kv DirectDrive available. According to Kenna it uses curved magnets. And factory is coming out with new 72kv with more copper and curved magnets in the near future.

3 Likes

Hahaha, we need to keep track of the reviews based on what’s what. The new motors seem to be very different from the other ones. Is she going to offer all three moving forward?

Any words on the weight? They’re like 10 pounds of tough steel lol

Not sure… Lol I’ll get answers when she wake up.

The clone adapter does not fit clones wheels unfortunately. The prongs are not the correct shape/size

2 Likes

Thanks for checking man, they seemed like they would fit the SR wheel I had to test with. If you can get me accurate measurements I can make it, but I’m shooting blind without that measurement

This other one I have from thingiverse actually fits. It just doesn’t fit the screw holes on the drives

1 Like

So what I really need is these prongs on your baseplate

1 Like