eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Hey donta, im working for him to see if i can make an adapter that is based around the @Boardnamics hanger for him. Maybe if you aks real nice and put up puppy eyes hes willing to make multiple :racing_car:

2 Likes

@donta42 once i get the drawing Iā€™ll take it to my machinist and see what materials and machining will cost.

2 Likes

@Boardnamics stole your hanger dimensions rq :stuck_out_tongue:
dotn worry, not exactly the same, wanted same base dimensions so this rkp piece can be used with your trucks!

6 Likes

Many thanks to @Bavioze for his work putting this together. Gonna have my machinist take a look this week and see what it will cost to get some made.

4 Likes

Photos as promisedā€¦ Better late than never!
Havnt quite got it fully dialed in yet. The back I will drop a few more mm with some shock pads as currently the nose is lower by about 12mm. No bite on the motors and no deck mods!

IMG_20200817_192848|666x500

3 Likes

Very minimal wheel well needed, probably more for peace of mind.
Still waiting on my machinistā€¦ side work donā€™t come quick lol

4 Likes

10 Likes

Hi. Help! Boundmotor sent me a replacement DD/elofty style. However i canā€™t for the life of me mount it onto the axel. It stops short of the squared mount. I thought maybe i have to dismantle the the drive to mount the motor but i canā€™t get 3 of the screws to loosen from the case. Do you need to dismantle the drive or do i smash the drive on with a rubber mallet. So want to smash as its been a month without any joy.

2 Likes

Impressive stuff. Sounds like Iā€™ve got to drill out the 3 remaining stubborn screws to get to the nut inside.

@mishrasubhransu Any way to do this on the PC version of vesc tool?

1 Like

yes, I did this with pc vesc tool

under app settings > PPM > control type > current
motor > General > RPM > max ERPM reverse > set it to something low like ~-5000

2 Likes

Thanks!

cant remember my exact value, but just keep testing numbers until it starts reversing as slow as you feel comfortable with.
Mine reverses ~3-4kph without anyone on it on a flat

1 Like

Can you share the design for these please?

@visnu777, did you see this?

3 Likes

Thanks, havenā€™t found it yet in this giant beast of a thread, even though I searched only for your posts :grin: and of course I didnā€™t look in the first post :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m seriously considering picking up 58Kv version from esk8supply (since Iā€™m in the EU) and have checked out a few builds, notably @Winfly ā€˜s ā€˜Evolve Killerā€™, where he adapts an elofty board (I didnā€™t even know elofty made completes, thought they only dealt in parts). Iā€™m a nooob builder and basically would like to find out how to optimize the hell out these, much like Winfly did. Specifically which ESC could really push these (Winfly uses a flipsky esc, also uses a 72kv model so copying his build parts wouldnā€™t make sense here)ā€¦ would a focbox make a big difference squeezing performance? Iā€™m afraid top speed on the 58Kv ones are quite low for the sake of torque and I accept that nothingā€™s perfect, but still worth trying to make the best of themā€¦

additionally, I read some poor responses to an earlier version of the 58Kv versions, but I get the impression there have been several iterationsā€¦are the ones Iā€™m looking much of an improvement?

I havenā€™t had any issues with mine so far, the latest version seem pretty good.

im using makerx dual ESC on 58kv DDā€™s and its great

12s on 120mm cloud wheels gives me ~57kph top speed
12s on abec 105 wheels (which I am using now) gives ~54kph top speed. (on full batt, on flat, no wind)

For me, that speed is the sweet spot for me with DDā€™s.

1 Like