eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Let me know how it goes when you get the rear drop-through in, I have a hummie deck as well. I forgot I had an rkp lofty hanger on hand. Didn’t know if it would hit the cans on a deep carve but have been too busy to swap out the dkp

1 Like

Hold up, legit lofty RKP exist ?

2 Likes

This is what I have on hand. It’s the thinner axle from the early days of DD.

4 Likes

Interesting, I hadn’t seen that before. Thanks for sharing the photos.

2 Likes

Very nice
Makes me want to try this with mine :ok_hand:

1 Like

Eh not looking good. Fucking shame cause it would be an Ultraboard.

3 Likes

AweFUCK…

Well ya tried… Notch the deck?
Looky what You inspired me to look into:

Effectively a zero degree angle rear truck

1 Like

I’m gonna take some measurements tomorrow to see how much clearance I actually need. I think it’s still possible with notching and maybe a little sanding of the underside. I’d probably run the rear truck pretty tight anyways. It’s looks sick as it is but I’d be dope as shit ultra board low.
Fuck ya man, happy to be of inspiration. Looks good !

3 Likes

I’m wondering how much adjustable baseplates would help. Not sure I wanna drop the cash to find out but I’m sure I’ll use them eventually right ?! :man_shrugging:t2: :rofl:
edit nvrm looks like that shit would just make it taller.

I just got some adjustable to try with TB DDs. If you place some pads between the top mounted plate and the top side of the board, you can tune the height!

1 Like

Which deck are you attaching the adjustable baseplates to? Please share pics!

1 Like

A Hummie deck, I will post pictures when I can. Currently quarantined away from the board :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Success!! Too late for a test ride but a garage test looks promising. @kook I did it for science and stuff :rofl:. Routed the top of the deck front and back. This fixed a slight clearance issue on the front hanger and got me low on the rear. As long as the rear doesn’t rub, I’m in ultraboard territory.

7 Likes

awesomeness

looking forward to seeing the board on the ground and the ride report!!

I love looooooooooooooow boards!!

2 Likes

Post pics with some lean! Might have to dig out some wheel wells on that rear -

3 Likes

Went for a quick ride, no rubs but it’s close. Tried to get my kid off the games to take a lean photo :roll_eyes: but I got these.

14 Likes

True DIY right there. Nice job!

3 Likes

Thank you. Took a bit to get her as low as I wanted but very happy with the outcome.

2 Likes

@PickSix24 wow! Looks fantastic running RKP drop through :slight_smile: did you have to run the rear bushings pretty darn tight to keep lean in check over the motors? I’m very curious how turning radius and carving feels on a stiff rear, please share your experience as you move fwd. Great work!

1 Like

Wowwwww! Beautiful.
A perfect RKP DD. Nice work!

1 Like