eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I thought the machinist meant that he could machine the parts that @PickSix24 created turning the hanger down.

yes from a kahua hanger

I get what you mean, we might never know, maybe we will

should go to bed, 3 am here :woozy_face:

1 Like

Iā€™d like to learn cad for sure. He offered to make a cad model from a dimensional drawing Iā€™d have to make.

I do have one Kahua hanger left.

1 Like

My machinist was thinking by him making a cad model he could cnc one from scratch.

3 Likes

let @Bavioze have a hack at it, perhaps he can get you something useable, from the eLofty hanger, and your machinist could compare the eLofty hanger vs. the Kahua hanger, that you have in hand and make that workā€¦

if not perhaps Luuk and you could PM each other the remaining dimensions that he needs and you have access toā€¦

I dunnoā€¦ maybe something can be made from that

or simply CNC kahua trucks whatever makes more sense time and economic wiseā€¦

2 Likes

@Bavioze Iā€™d be happy to provide you with any dimensions you need if you want to take a stab at it.

2 Likes

Maybe worth to drill and tap 2 holes for grub screws on the elofty drive to secure it in there even more. From my experience, if thereā€™s even a tiny room for rotation, hard braking will unscrew the nut holding the drive in and make it loose. Grub screw onto the mating surface should prevent that.

4 Likes

Good idea, Iā€™ll take a look at that.

1 Like

If you can manage to get two in, at 90 degrees to each other one away from phase wires and one 90 degrees to it, it may totally eliminate motor rockā€¦

good Idea @Winfly

2 Likes

hmm. are these drives decent at the current state? maybe I should buy a set and rebuild my lofty. I parted out my lofty complete and I kinda miss it now. still have the deck and enclosure and i can throw in my 20s2p and a 100D in there easily.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say theyā€™re about the sameā€¦ you know how they ride, and the niggling problems of poor design and lack of proper QA/QC still remainā€¦ but I know what you meanā€¦ I like the eLoftys once theyā€™re fisseratedā€¦

In fact I just bought another used eLofty drive system from a member here and Iā€™m going to make a 4wd eLofty 'thane board

:racing_car: :dash: :dash:

4 Likes

Made some custom axels today for the front Kahua hanger Iā€™ll be using. Now the wheelbase width will match.

9 Likes

Was gonna wait until tomorrow for the press at work but said fuck it. Shits getting real tonight.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s about it for tonight. Gotta admit Iā€™m pretty stoked. Wondering if I can drop thru mount :thinking:

12 Likes

DOIT

donā€™t be askeeredā€¦ I think with a 35 degree base plate and your bottle nose board shape itā€™ll work a treat.

forward for science

1 Like

BTW looking real good!!!

1 Like

Thatā€™s pretty cool!

alrighty ya talked me into it. Got the front truck done drop thru. Itā€™s gonna need a tiny bit of deck filing for clearance. Iā€™m thinking I might need to router the top of the deck for a flush mount.

2 Likes