eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Of course not, I tend to get attached to things that want me dead

Too late, Boundmotor already did this :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’ll buy up all that fools motors as well… I’ll faaking rule!

3 Likes

i got the Kegel core adapter.
any idea where i can get the Abec adapter? i asked BoundMotor and no response.

1 Like

@Esk8supply I got mine from Nathen

1 Like

Hit me up :+1:
Www.esk8supply.shop

2 Likes

did anyone else install their DD motors onto a Meepo v1? or any Meepo?
i took my Meepo (swapped the old hub with this new DD from Bound Motor) and realized i could not go faster than 7mph. tried all the riding modes but none of them could take me faster.
do i need to install the sensor wires? (cant install the wires now because the DD sensor wires female connections are bigger than the Meepo’s ESC.)

1 Like

V1 Meepo should have only two speeds, and the ESC should work with the new motors. You’re sure the battery is good?

The 56KV should be paired to a 12S battery and ESC, meepos are 10S, that may be the reason why it’s slow…?

2 Likes

I have run the 58kv eLofty originals successfully from four different ESCS at 10S, but 12S would be interesting.

2 Likes

You got decent speeds with 10S on 56KV? I thought 12s was mandatory…

2 Likes

yes battery is good.
before the motor swap, the original Meepo’s hub motor can easily take me to 20mph.
i got the v2 remote and that seems to be compatible with controlling Meepo’s hub

No. Topped out at 22.5 blazing MPH. :rofl: But I don’t really have anywhere to get too crazy.

4 Likes

So i have ridden my drives for about 10 km i think, no signs of cans opening yet and the grub screws are still in. I even rode it on moist roads as seen on the picture.

These drives pack some torque and speed at 12s i have to say!

Also 90 mm is a bit too small, imma get some 110s on there before everything on the can scrapes off hahaha

It is also noted these kms were for a large part on cobblestone since the netherlands is curses with those roads, so i did have a lot of virbrations.

8 Likes

what ESC do you have? would 10s pack work for me if i dont want speed?
(the max speed i can handle is 16mph)

1 Like

But they’re SOOOOOOO much fun on 90s!!!

3 Likes

as much as i’m scared about quality issues, these drives are pretty fkn nice.

by far the punchiest DDs i’ve tried so far.

i didn’t get replacement motors from kenna, with the can screws to prevent it from coming loose. so instead drilled tiny divots where it unscrews with a drill, and filled it with jb weld. this stuff holds engine blocks together so hoping it’ll keep the cans from coming loose.

used a rocket deck skinned in line-x and lid skinned by @Sender. it’s almost murdered out, kind of like the look of it, except i’m afraid how hot it’s gonna get during summer.

19 Likes

Yes, too much

2 Likes

I use two flipsky 4.12s, but your esc will work, and 10s will be enough.

2 Likes

12s would get you up higher speed. Depends on the wheels as well, with AT wheels 10s will be sufficient.