eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

how do they ride?

Couldnā€™t tell you. Donā€™t have the board built yet. Waiting for bonus in January.

1 Like

When I had my lofty this was my setup.

2 Likes

up to which speeds was it stable?

I was bringing it up close to 30 but I would recommend staying around 20-25

1 Like

I have your front setup for the rear on mine.

I have 90ā€™s on the front and 90-93 in both spots in the rear. I weight about 120lbs. I figure it should be fine for my weight. Any higher of a duro and I feel like I wont be able to turn. I just hope running such high duroā€™s doesnā€™t kill my turning too much. This is why Iā€™m interested in the RKP hangar for these.

Let me ask if he can sell the hanger only. My bet is itā€™s gona be different to persuade him. But he is giving a pretty good price of rkp sets shipped to HK. Moq 20 tho. Can probably get them with foamies for max saving.

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be dope if he just sold the hangar for the rear. As I can easily use any other hangar up front. You could do a poll to see how many people would be interested in the hangar only like me.

2 Likes

Measure the height of the bushings and post pictures of the bushing seats and I might be able to help

2 Likes

I actually went and bought a pair because they were too good to pass on.

Mine have set screws to prevent the cans from unscrewing but my adapters are different than what esk8supply has. Iā€™ll post some pics in the morning

1 Like

Iā€™m sure @mishrasubhransu is almost finished with his budget DD variant thread.

Umm, what? What was I supposed to do?

1 Like

I only somewhat remembered it correctly. Still claiming as a win.

4 Likes

Oh wow! I totally forgot about it. Iā€™ll get to it today, hopefully.

1 Like

Seems to be missing the center bearing piece.

One of the pins isnā€™t fully hammered in. This explains why the adapter isnā€™t completely magnetic. Iā€™m guessing the base of the adapter is aluminum and the pins are steel

One end of the drives. Slightly off center and unsupported. Might not be an issue?
The other end is good and Iā€™ve checked with both adapters to rule them out.

Those pins should be screwed, take them apart and glue them with loctite or youā€™ll be quickly in trouble :wink:
Same for the adapter 's screws btw

1 Like

Crapā€¦ I definitely just tried to push them in with a vice. I hope I didnā€™t damage the threadsā€¦

1 Like

I got abec adapters this time and they still have the inner ring, strangeā€¦ Getting rid of it should make the centering issue a bit more lighter since it only depends on the pins now.

Wait, so is there any reliable source for DKP direct drives with a kegel adapter that does not wobble or fall apart?

I got my 72kv set from ā€œonewowā€ and have had nothing but a great smooth experience

2 Likes