eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Yeah, it is designed like that as it makes the pins less stressed (less likely to snap), according to the manufacturer

3 Likes

yeah those dowel pins look alot sturdier than any one piece cnc adapter

2 Likes

I just received my kit today. The ABEC adapter needs the wheel core to be filed down correct? Because right now it doesnā€™t fit. Thanks.

1 Like

God damn the boas look fucking sick on these drives. The boas popped on no problem. Way easier than otangs.

11 Likes

I canā€™t seem to find the answer if Iā€™ve asked this before but are there temperature sensors in the latest revision?

Hi, abec wheels should fit, very tight fit though. I have tried it on with my evolve gt Wheels. Unless you have ABEC clone (flywheels) , then you will have to file down the wheel core / adapter teeths

There is no temperature sensor unfortunately

1 Like

Still trying to procure some metal abec adapters for my drivesā€¦ But instead Kenna is trying to sell me cloud wheels for almost $200 even though I wouldnā€™t be able to use them :thinking:

3 Likes

Let is know if she sends you the ebay link (to the adapters?), Iā€™m interested tooā€¦

1 Like

Disclaimer:
Donā€™t use a Indy TKP Baseplate, it wonā€™t let the nipple far enough into the pivot cup due to a different angle so it can just be pushed out. It seems that the only way to use the current version china 58kv DDs are the DKP baseplates they come with (or not, as in my case, which makes it even more a joke from elofty/kenna/mao to sell these without them). I ordered two from esk8supply and use a complete in front and one without the top part in the rear.

2 Likes

Sorry for making you believe it could work with the indys :frowning: At least you have the original ones

For anyone who purchased the drives without baseplates, this oneā€™s will fit and they are affordable.

1 Like

They had this issue from the beginning, but the people who used the Indy baseplates without the optimal fitting seems like not having problems.
For me it looked scary too, I use them DKP and with the right choice of bushings itā€™s a different fun compared to RKP.

2 Likes

They changed the hanger design for the current 58KV drives as it seems :slight_smile:

For me it was a slightly better fit because of the height of the bushings I used but in the end I wonā€™t trust it not to jump the pivot cup when pushed hard on one side of the truck.

2 Likes

I think evolve base plates would work though. They look like the same angle pivot cup.

Iā€™m putting these drives on a hummie so gonna have to run dkp it seems. tkp wont fit and would look weird bottom mounted.

1 Like

These are mine on indy plates. Havenā€™t had any issues yet.

2 Likes

It looked the same on my drives, so I didnā€™t used them either.
Still have a pair of unused complete Indys here which were 80$ :sob:

1 Like

gosh those kenna wheels are ugly as. They look like circus wheels

Haha, I just went for the baseplates :slight_smile: But you can build a streetskate with them, mine are utterly useless :smiley:

1 Like

Those wheels arenā€™t from Kenna. I purchased them separately to fit my color theme for my build.

1 Like