eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Thank you for sharing. This is a very useful document.

3 Likes

These look pretty nice inside! Good stuff

1 Like

Does anyone have a combination with Boa Constrictor 100mm?

I got it today.
The Kegel adapter is slightly offset from the wheel core and is very difficult to insert. Does anyone have the same experience?

1 Like

yeah the lofty kegel isnt perfect.

1 Like

I wish I had those wheels :sob:

Thatā€™s too bad. I plan to shave the wheel adapter spokes with a file. :thinking:

1 Like

You can spin the motor and take a file at it.

2 Likes

So I recieved my DD a while back, but only now the torqueboard whleels and the pneumatic ones. On the first ride I noticed the motors vibrate quite a bit. On further inspection the kegel adapters are mounted off-center. I am pretty pissed, since the screws are glued in aparently (have not tried to screw it apart). I wrote to Kenna but what can she even do? Ether I go buy a hot air gun and try my luck or try to send them back for refund.
Does anyone know a fool pfoof method to fix this issue? If one screw breakes I donā€™t have any power tools to get them out. I even thought about widening the holes of the wheels maybeā€¦ Idk

2 Likes

They are loctite in not glue. I used an impact drive and a PH1 bit. Comes off easily without stripping. Itā€™s blue loctite so you donā€™t need hot air but it would help and make it easier.

1 Like

Some pictures of my new vtc6 swap. Now I can go up a hill without sagging 10V.

6 Likes

Heat screw with a $2 torch from your local deli/7-11. Heat it up until itā€™s too hot to touch.

Itā€™s perfect.

13 Likes

Nice wheels, where did you find it or buy it for elofty motors ? Thanks

1 Like

Welcome, bro. Matched your level from Builderā€™s.

1 Like

Hello, I am a beginner. Sorry in advance for my English mistakes. My last skatebord is built with the latest 75Kv Elofty engines (Thanks Kenna), they are torquey and quiet, they are mounted with 105mm rubber wheels, which for me are the best, the wheels erase the asperities of the roads , the holes, the pavements, the sewer plates, ā€¦ but the diameter is not enough for the sidewalks, the tram rails, ā€¦ so Iā€™m looking for bigger wheels. I tested the TB of 110mm, it is much better for the sidewalks, but they are too hard and too slippery for me. Iā€™m going to look at the site, thanks for the info and for your help![NmvSJDsVT7qTyTJI0HW3tw|666x500](upload://fm

TwB25c0H05vyXX44leuI0EhV6.jpeg)

8 Likes

5 Likes

I have the same set, shiny silver axle, not heat treatedā€¦bent in 2 days
Motors are great, hanger is good, axle is the achilles heal here Iā€™m afraid.
Kenna is dealing with it, I hope the heat treated ones are much tougher.
How are yours holding up?

Mine are the heat treated axles and well as the one @Winfly snapped. I have only done 12 miles on mine so I cant say how good they are yet

4 Likes
  • Fixed added neoprene rubber spacer and nylon washer to the axle to relieve stress.
  • build a new 12s4p VTC6 pack
1 Like

@Winfly, You have done an Interesting build with lots of performance parts. Congratulations.

You call it an evolve killer ā€¦ which Iā€™m sure it is.

Have you had a chance to do any side by comparisons to Evolve or others

Do you have any stats for your configuration?
Weight?
Range?
Top Speed?
100m Time & Speed?
Braking distance from top speed?
Build cost?

Are there other comparisons you can make with Evolve like durabilty? I have friends who own Evolveā€™s. Those machines seem to be broken more often than not? What about water resistance which seems to be another Evolve vulnerabilty? How do the braking qualities compare?

Would love to know more.