eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

@mishrasubhransu it is 20 not 28, you are correct. my bad there.

1 Like

I think there are at least 3 versions of these DDā€™s.

I spoke with Kenna today and going by the conversation I think there is more than just the kv that changes. The 58Kv drive has a different adaptor to the 75Kv version.

My cans are 72mm in diameter. @mishrasubhransu, what about yours? And I think @Ricardo has a different 58Kv drive looking at the pictures

2 Likes

No Iā€™m saying they are their first batch after making improvement to the 58kv ones.

1 Like

Wow 72. My cans are 67mm. I wonder if they increased the stator size or just the thickness of the outer protective shell.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s also why they are switching to ABEC 97 stock.

1 Like

Just over 1 hour with 240 grit wet and dry a fine metal file and itā€™s done.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have a change to test the motors and make sure they work and then I just need adaptors

16 Likes

Nice. Looks better now :joy:

I need to do this with the Torqueboard DD. :joy:

1 Like

Kennaā€™s factory sent this video over. Looks like fairly coarse sandpaper, but appears to get the job done. YMMV.

2 Likes

Mo I am printing another test today, should have the adaptors for you ready for the weekend mate

1 Like

I have been speaking with Kenna this morning about the axel and quality issues I have experienced with my DDā€™s. She has assured me that they are putting more/better quality checks in place.

I tried to explain peoples worries about quality control and I think she is beginning to fully understand why it is so important to get the little details correct.

She has promised to make sure they check all the drives before they ship and Iā€™m happy she is taking things onboard.

Iā€™m going to hopefully be able to give them a test ride over the weekend once @Lee_Wright has printed me some adaptors (because he is a legend) and I will report back.

5 Likes

axels not fitting bearings can hardly be described as ā€˜little detailsā€™ :slight_smile:

1 Like

mine needed a lot more work that just that. I had to remove over 0.2mm from the diameter

0.2mm is a little detail dont you think? :wink:

I know what you mean but they are new to the industry and this is a brutal way to learn but I hope they dont make the same mistakes again.

not if it stops the product from performing its main task IE does it actually hold wheels

first QA step ā€˜do the wheels fit on this truckā€™ and if THAT is not done then NOTHING else is getting checked - Iā€™m not sticking untested shit on my board and hitting 20+mph - someone else can do that testing

and when we start to see some consistency Iā€™ll buy some until them Iā€™m out big styleā€¦

3 Likes

Very cool approach to the issue. Iā€™m trying to explain the same, but I think buyers like you and guys like Winfly make the most difference.

Like others have mentioned, Kenna is a rare sales agent who cares about taking care of the customer. My hope is that the factory takes better care of her in the future as well.

3 Likes

Are most people snipping the yellow connectors off these and and just soldering on bullets?

best sales person in the world cannot make up for shoddy products

1 Like

Canā€™t argue against that.

2 Likes

Thats my plan. Those MR30 connectors look too tiny imo