eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I really want to open mine, but I don’t want to make it unridable. Did anyone ever open one?

Just spoke to kenna she says that my stuff will be underway today.

2 Likes

Mine have arrived!

13 Likes

ah sweeeeeeeet dude. Let us know how you get on. Are those shafts heat treated?

So what have you planned for the wheels? As long as you can fit the wheels on the shaft, an adapter can be very easily made.

1 Like

That is the plan! The trucks seem to be slightly wider than the original Evolve ones so I’ll try the 8" first …but I’m not sure I’ve got clearance at the deck (wheel bite). Failing that I’ll use the 6.5".

I’ll try with just one set of motors first and if that’s not enough I’ll do 4wd (because weight).

On a side note, first impressions are that these are solidly built. We’ll see how it behaves.

4 Likes

I got my tracking today and it is due to arrive Monday.

4 Likes

According to FedEx my full board should be here Monday. Will post some pictures and updates.

2 Likes

Mine is coming too. Custom requested parts.

11 Likes

Nice! What ESC did you go with? I was talked in to the “older” hobbywing Esc and remote with no display. He insisted it was more reliable than the other option.

2 Likes

I’ve been running this combo for the last week for science. It works pretty good, though will cog a bit if you don’t push start. Acceleration and braking is super smooth but on the sleepy side. I’ll be putting the Meepo 3.0 30a back in until my repaired vescs come home, but will keep this for backup if the need arises.

Will also be trying the high-amp Hobbywing version when it hits the Meepo Depot.

3 Likes

Went with FS 4.20, Vx1 remote, 10s4p sanyo.

1 Like

How much did this cost? Would love to get a hold of a unit like this on the cheap.

I wonder if my board has a Sanyo battery too. The translations were difficult at that point. I know I has a 10s4p, but the best answer I got was “brand GL”

Yes GL not LG haha…

1 Like

My exact set up with shipping was $775 USD. I got extra wheels and also abec hub adapters. The under quoted shipping for me so I’m sure it’ll be $750-800 for anyone else shipped to the US

1 Like

What is the outer diameter of the motor? Wondering if it would sit too low to the ground using Caguamas

85s are a no go for sure. It was dicey with Popocas, but would be fine with 97-100 and I’m even more comfortable with my 110s.

3 Likes

Kenna told me it’s some 18650 sanyo not 20700B. :thinking:

1 Like

Speaking Greek to me :joy:

Ah, that’s not good. Any idea about the total capacity?

2 Likes