eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I think evolve base plates would work though. They look like the same angle pivot cup.

I’m putting these drives on a hummie so gonna have to run dkp it seems. tkp wont fit and would look weird bottom mounted.

1 Like

These are mine on indy plates. Haven’t had any issues yet.

2 Likes

It looked the same on my drives, so I didn’t used them either.
Still have a pair of unused complete Indys here which were 80$ :sob:

1 Like

gosh those kenna wheels are ugly as. They look like circus wheels

Haha, I just went for the baseplates :slight_smile: But you can build a streetskate with them, mine are utterly useless :smiley:

1 Like

Those wheels aren’t from Kenna. I purchased them separately to fit my color theme for my build.

1 Like

I wouldn’t consider these drives water-proof or even water-resistant. The sensors are not coated. And the bearings are NOT water-proof, they’re SHIELDED. not SEALED.

3 Likes

The motor bearings do… They’re not sealed on my drives.

1 Like

@Movation
Did you get a chance to test the airless AT wheels with these? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so all I gotta do is coat the sensor? Assuming the motor itself is waterproof since from what I read that typical motors are okay with water. PLEASE forgive me if I’m wrong. NOOB HERE.

The rubber is quite hard this put me off at first, but after nearly 100km on them I am used to them. They have less drag than Pneumatics but softer than most thane. Speed is insane with these but still torque enough for hills. I am out of action for 6 weeks due to a 45kmh fall. I am still going to grab some 120mm cloud/iwonders.

2 Likes

Negative Ghostrider, please reread my post you quoted!

@Movation
sweet, that’s awesome to hear!
Was this with 2 motors? (not 4wd)
And what was your vesc and battery setup like?

Hope you heal fast! ToT

2 and 12S4P VTC6 CELLS.
I think mine is a 72RPV mat be 58
Vesc is a flipshite 6.6 plus.

3 Likes

what was your vesc settings for battery max and motor max (each motor)?

1 Like

so I’m left with unity or them tramp vesc. $$$

Got my 58kv last week. Finally got it installed and it fell apart after only 1 mile of riding. Looks like the can is coming undone. Any suggestions ?image

2 Likes

Tagging @Esk8supply for reference

1 Like

:’(

interesting. Is your axle nut on tight?
Based on what I see, if the nut it tight, it should be holding in the bearing > wheel > adapter > motor can. And would have no physical space for the can to come out? :o

“kook, post:768, topic:1660”

I had this very same issue as mentioned to @Esk8supply and @kenna11, can endcap unscrewed from the can in less than a mile after installation, what I did was to completely disassemble the motor, then I fabricated (3d printed) tools to hold the can and screw into the end can, at first I tried loctite blue, (you can still see remnants on the can cover threads.

It didn’t work! I finally ended up with a heat resistant epoxy on the threads and tightened the fuckers up as tight as I possibly could with the tooling I made…

So Far so good ~200ish miles

2 Likes