eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Seems to be missing the center bearing piece.

One of the pins isn’t fully hammered in. This explains why the adapter isn’t completely magnetic. I’m guessing the base of the adapter is aluminum and the pins are steel

One end of the drives. Slightly off center and unsupported. Might not be an issue?
The other end is good and I’ve checked with both adapters to rule them out.

Those pins should be screwed, take them apart and glue them with loctite or you’ll be quickly in trouble :wink:
Same for the adapter 's screws btw

1 Like

Crap… I definitely just tried to push them in with a vice. I hope I didn’t damage the threads…

1 Like

I got abec adapters this time and they still have the inner ring, strange… Getting rid of it should make the centering issue a bit more lighter since it only depends on the pins now.

Wait, so is there any reliable source for DKP direct drives with a kegel adapter that does not wobble or fall apart?

I got my 72kv set from “onewow” and have had nothing but a great smooth experience

2 Likes

What’d they charge with shipping for the DD? Or did you get the drive, wheels, and ESC as a kit?

1 Like

@ZachTetra 72kv DDrives, dkp hangers front and back, ESC, remote, 4x 120mm brandless foamies, both sets of abec and kegel adapters… +Shipping. Total $520.

1 Like

Damn that’s not half bad! I’m strongly debating a similar setup, either that or neoHubs and neoBox on Sidewinders

Get both. Done.
Neo will need some time anyway,
You can ride these now and those later :wink:

1 Like

Lol I can afford the wait, I’ve got 3 builds running and 2 in the works

1 Like

That’s the original lofty factory DD

1 Like

I am here Donta,hope here we can meet some new friends!

5 Likes

Hi Jack-

Welcome to the forum! I bumped your account so you won’t be limited in messaging. It’s great to have an experienced DD voice added to the mix.

3 Likes

Question: If I ditched my 56kv for 72kv, would I need to replace my 12S battery or could I change my VESC setting so that It doesn’t send too much Volts to the drives?

1 Like

I’m assuming you’re doing this to limit top speed? You don’t have to change your battery. You can adjust it when programming your vesc

1 Like

No, more to get rid of my scary-unscrewing motors for safer ones
Yeah, they are glued but still bring an unsecurity feeling I don’t like

Hmm I don’t quite understand then. Are you trying to limit your voltage to prevent unscrewing of the cans? I don’t think the two are necessarily related. Voltage relates more to top/max speed whereas current it related to power.

What you’re trying to limit is torque as a quick jerking will probably cause the can to unscrew. You can adjust throttle curves and more or less adjust the torque that ways but watch out for mushy controls then

Hello, welcome :slight_smile:

Since you are the original lofty drive seller according to bill, do you know if Boundmotor sells the originals or ripoffs of the lofty drives?

1 Like

According to Winfly. He knows the game/players in this space better than I do. BTW, Boundmotor also started a forum user account recently, so you might want to tag them in as well.

3 Likes