Electrify Expo 2024 Races

Electrify Expo Esk8 Races

• Phoenix May 4-5

• Los Angeles June 1-2

• San Francisco Sept 14-15

• New York Oct 12-13

• There’s a General Admission fee and also a racer fee but to race you have to sign up and pay before.

• Rule set link below :point_down:t2:

• Place to BS and coordinate plans!

• Link to Esk8 part of the site :point_down:t2:

Looks like they sent different dates in the registration email than the picture above so I shall investigate….

6 Likes

Any peeps in New York willing to hold onto my race board for a few days?

2 Likes

Where’s the poll for whose going :laughing:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Add “RACES” to the title! I would love to see forum members attend!

1 Like

A number of us are definitely attending.

3 Likes

Btw, for those interested I did email about multiple classes. And you have to register multiple times for each class. So, that’s $50 per class.

3 Likes

EDIT: I’m not deleting this comment, but I’ll put a disclaimer on it that I regret writing it and I basically take it all back. I think it’s awesome that they’re doing esk8racing at all, and I fully support the race organizers doing whatever they think is best. Anyway, I’m sorry about being a salty bitch, and that sums it up. Cheers!

I don’t think I’ll be going to any because the rules are absolute dog shit for novice/sportsman class racers.

I’m brand new to racing, but I would be placed in PRO class because I have a DIY board.

Similarly, a highly experienced racer can enter STOCK class and dominate newbie riders, just because they are riding a non modified board.

These rules make zero fucking sense.

these rules are trash and are blatantly unfair to anyone who is not pro class.

Yeah no, I’m definitely not going. Racing in pro class will not be a fun experience. I’m honestly pretty bummed about this. I could have seen going to any of the west coast races as a real possibility.

Qualifying last in PRO and then struggling to not get lapped is not my idea of fair/fun competition. It’s not that hard to get this right. They really dropped the ball with these rules.

13 Likes

mayhaps
if you message me a month out from the event I can get that figured out.

1 Like

I have space to store boards for a few people, just as long as you pick it up before the event.

3 Likes

I get it, and it sounds like that’s the result of a competition by and for brands rather than for racers. When I went last year, 90% of the event floor space was basically a car show from Big Auto brands.

I wonder how those rules would relate to a fully custom board that isn’t even from a branded manufacturer, like most of us have. And I wonder how many people from this community will be going, since they have an organizer contact listed, maybe we could write a group email asking them to split Pro into Pro and Sportsman? If there’s like 20 people behind it, then maybe it would carry some weight IDK

3 Likes
Who’s going to any of these expos?
  • Def yes
  • Maybe (as is)
  • Maybe (if the race format improves)
  • Def no

0 voters

1 Like

Feeling similar. Even griptape is considered a mod and pushes you out of stock class.

This will be interesting.

2 Likes

My other thing too is how many boards have to be sold for it to count as stock? Is it just some thing you can buy off the shelf cause if so, Skyart, Hoyt, and stooge can do some damage straight off the shelf and the others wouldn’t have a chance.

7 Likes

They mentioned in the rules that stock can be limited by watts. So who knows. I asked about SRB and what it would be considered.

If they finalize Seattle I’ll likely go.

2 Likes

The way I interpret “stock” in these situations is more about the specs having not been changed since purchase from a company (not diy etc) and less to do with how many a brand has sold or how long a brand has been around.

1 Like

All the grey ones are expos without races, the ones with color are the Esk8 races

Adding lipos isn’t stock if adding grip tape isn’t.

Sorry but an esk8 kit you have to finish yourself is not “stock” and why do SRB owners wanna race in the stock class with a custom built race board so bad anyways?

How about another brand sells a pile of parts to get rid of labor costs then ship with more powerful parts with that extra $$? Still “stock” no?

1 Like

I agree, I’m not saying that people necessarily want to do that but we’re pointing out the gaps in their rule set and how they can be improved. I agree, you should send them a nicely worded email😂.

5 Likes