Electric Snowboard! 🏂

I have an old snowboard in my shed so all my idea involve using it.

What I would make with those urethane flat belts would basically be a very small and weak version of a snowmobile track. Much lighter and lower profile though. Making simple tracks is good for us because we can use the motor setups we already have.

1 Like

I have two!
If you need a second one you can have mine 4 free, just pay for shipping :yum::v:
I always wanted to do something with my snowboards but I didn’t know how to electrify it.
I like that idea with the snow mobile treads though

1 Like

I live in the PNW is there are old snowboards all over my town, I think just ruining this one will be a good start.

Yeah I’m thinking a giant track with flaps/teeth behind the board attached by a lever you hold on to that also has the throttle.

So you could vary the pressure on the ground from not on the ground to digging deep. Maybe you could also angle the track using this lever but it could just be up and down.

I’ll take a free snow board!

2 Likes

I’m very tired but feel like making a crappy drawing

Could also be abstract sex toy art. You try to figure it out.

2 Likes

If you are serious pm me :blush: I will show you photos

7 Likes

@Agressivstreetlamp I can imagine some sort of modified hubmotors on the axles with pulley teeth on the hub itself to engage the tracks

2 Likes

link?

no its mine you cant buy it haha

Im talking to the guy now to see about where the treads are from
they look kinda plastic and thin
I doubt they would stand up to regular use on anything besides snow

1 Like

haha.
yeah i am just interested in the parts. i want to know the treads move

Ill fill you in. for 50$ it maybe worth the shenanigans

2 Likes

but it is not electric?
it says’‘none electric’’ in the description

no, it is a genesis electric board with enclosure. but the electronics removed

1 Like

I think it might not have bearings in the rollers. It’s just the plastic hub on the bolt. maybe I’m wrong.

1 Like

the rollers could be replaced with hub motors . But i dont see a good way of delivering power to the treads. without teeth, it likely just slips on the rollers and therefore any motor that would be implemented.

4 Likes

You wouldn’t have any driving force on the middle one.

I also thought hub motors would get rekt if you ran them in snow.

You could 3d print a pulley that matches the profile on the tracks. Then mount them on top of the outside rollers, htd belt connecting the 3d printed pulleys also is driven by bldc motor.

if you buy it and make a project please make a build thread!

1 Like