Electric Go Carts

That kid in the mustang is gonna be a drift champ one day lol

look out @ my girlfriend my kid finna have one of these one day

Go karts will stay gasoline powered for me :smiley:
Electric is cool but go karts must make that wrooom for me haha

1 Like

Some say the same about cars. Time will tell :slight_smile:

This thread seems to have fallen down from the sky, this is our next project, we are going to be using a 2010 the frame which is on it’s way the city of Cusco to Lima.

13 Likes

Yeahhhh Love Tony karts. Tell us more :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Btw. We need a sub forum, for electric gokarts

2 Likes

@Silverline this is a 3000W motor, the power output is even lower than a Maytech 6374 motor which has 3550W, am I missing something?

2 Likes

I think the difference is the large motors have much higher torque - can handle high amps. Others will answer your question better though. . .

Super cool thread!

I’m building a tiny cart now - using two 6374s and avió drives.

It’s been extremely challenging - trying to buy an esc today but not sure about high amp draw. . . Considering flipsky6.6dualplus or get two vesc6mklll.

1 Like

Yes… Dont be cheated by this. I dont know why they call it 3000watt. It can take A LOT more than this. I run 470 phase amps and 180 batt amps at the moment, and the motor barely get warm at All.

The controller that comes with the kit, is set at 470 phase amps and 150 batt amps on 20s by default. They have not Locked the controller, thats why i run 180 batt amps :-p

3 Likes

I wonder what motor were these guys runing here in order to get 128HPs, remember these was in 2013 when the batteries were huge and heavy and motors were not efficient.

The motor you selected was a 3000W motor capable of runing at 20S and 180A, that’s 15120KW without considering sag, 5 times more than the rated power. So, I really don’t understand these calculations, maybe @professor_shartsis could explain things better

1 Like

I could confirm that I pulled 350 battery amps trough this motor at 67,2 volts with vesc 75/300… That’s 23.500 watts.

I don’t know why these Chinese guys underrated this motor

3 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

This video got me interested in electric shit

The old music was way better

2 Likes

@dk-odense that’s looks amazing.

What made you choose this motor?, are there different motor versions to chose from? maybe updated versions with more power?

Are you usin the same ESC that came with the motor?, how you like it?

2 Likes

http://www.qs-motor.com/product-catagory/motorcycle-wheel-motor/

I’m a little confused why these QS motors are sold by everyone but seems like you can get them here.

they look like a wholesaler to me

1 Like

What’s the tooth spacing on those belts and pulleys?

With 3.45 seconds speed up from 0 to 100 km/h the electric kart of Linde is the world record holder in the Guiness Book of Records. The technology of the electric kart E1 is based on electric forklift components of the lift series E20-E50: lift motor, power units, display, steering shifter and software. The design of the electric kart is also original done by Linde.

SHOW MORE

6 Likes

10 years old me would have had mixed feelings about going to zoom in that Barbie ride.

2 Likes