Electric Go Carts

looks like fun… Electric Go Carts or Power Wheels…

Not electric.

19 Likes

Tagging @Silverline here :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Haha nice… That’s insane. I want.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie disappointed this was not a new product launch from @torqueboards hehe :slight_smile:

Been looking for an ‘after market kit’ to upgrade my 4 yo nephews Audi TT :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks man. It is so much fun.

2 Likes

Already dangerously quick for my 7 year old. Gonna up the motor and drop one of my old 10s lithium batteries in it when he gets a bit older.

This thing can already get me up 15mph and is stupidly low to the ground. Metal frame is a bonus too.

There are a ton of old golf carts near me. I want to restore an old one to electric and run it on a vesc based controller one day.

14 Likes

this is why i need a small mig welder and a pile of steel tubes, or old bikes, that would work too.

god dammit those look fun as hell.

11 Likes

One 80100 motor per wheel would be sick. Or one of those huge AC motors would also be insane.

1 Like

For reference… This is mine, more on my channel

17 Likes

Holy crap i need one of these.

2 Likes

what ESC are you using on that… and is it a single or dual motor?

1 Like

Not vesc, thats for sure. We did try with the vesc75, but it could´t keep up at all. I´m using a votol-em150 controller, with sinwave and field weakening support. And is perfectly match for the motor.

Single motor, very very torque

This kit

5 Likes

man that’s dope af. and its a 10 pole inrunner too. Crazy town.

and you don’t have a build thread? :sob:
i was getting all hard and such, just to be disappointed…

3 Likes

@Silverline Where’s your build thread :slight_smile:

Where’d you get your go cart frame?

A street one would be fun + a monster truck one.

1 Like

Yeah… With v-shaped magnets. This motor rocks… I feed it with 470 motor amps… And it only get working temperatur.

Sorry guys, no build thread :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This is just and old gokart I bought , ripped of the old 2 stroke motor, and rebuild with electric.

@dk-odense is building one as well. We are looking forward to test on the local track Soon.

18 Likes

Those look like SPIM08HP cells.

Ive been running a 10s1p on my “jank” board I really like them from a ‘density’ standpoint but man, i really didnt enjoy building the pack.

Edit:: that said, looks like you’re using a busbar configuration on yours - didnt think that it would be viable for our use case so i went with the ‘copper eyelet + solder’ option. Maybe using busbars would be much less annoying.

1 Like

Never thought I would lust for a Barbie jeep :joy::smirk:

4 Likes

Yes… This is spim08hp with cnc’d alu bus bars , and it was a pain in the as to build.

Btw. This is @dk-odense with the vesc75 before he changed to the same controller I use. Look at 2.00min… that was pretty fun
https://youtu.be/k5flv72Oivc

4 Likes