EADC - A Community Sourced Build

So this build kinda just happened spontaneously. It still has a way to go but i have 95% of the parts I need to make it happen.

EADC is the acronym for a messenger chat we have goin here in Aus ‘Esk8 Aus Diy Collective’. It also has other humorous meanings.

Parts
**Deck **- Hummie deck from @Pottsy
Trucks and mounts - TB218s with tb clamps and mounts from a local legend here in Melbourne Rolande, or some of you may know him from his insta https://instagram.com/axle_esk8sessions?igshid=1506naxtks8rd
Pulleys - 36T Kegel from TB (a mate graciously chucked them on his last order for me, I still owe him the cash :grimacing:) and 15T motor pulleys that I can hopefully scavenge from @Kram720
**Wheels ** - 100mm Boas, pretty sure I got them from @Brad
Motors - 6354 SK3 carbon pattern vinyl wrapped (got them from somebody here, if you recognize them let me know so I can give you a shout out :call_me_hand:)
Battery - 3 x old Evolve GTX batteries salvaged after battery upgrades

ESC - MakerX Dual v4, was destined for my Devolved build but I decided to part it out. Will also use the MakerX anti-spark that was also meant to go into that.
Remote - Mini remote mod, printed for me by @Pottsy paired with mini remote I got from @lox897

Grip - DIY dope grip! Seems to be a lot of hype around it so I thought I’d have a crack at making my own. Spotted some cheap griptape round at @Kram720 house and knew it needed to be used.
Enclosure - I’ll build my own custom enclosure for the hummie to suit the triple stack Evolve battery
Stickers - Shoutout to @Kaydo for the dope stickers!

I have a few sneaky ideas for this build and will keep the thread updated as I progress :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Drop through not utilized. Might as well just shoot me
That’s vulgar, you uncivilized Savage

5 Likes

Oh it will be utilized… just not as a dropthrough :rofl:

3 Likes

oh…

1 Like

Eat Ass, Dont Care

4 Likes

i just came

1 Like

Finally got around to building the battery, just gotta add balance wires now. This thing is thicc :rofl:

5 Likes

Battery done. Enclosure next :ok_hand:

4 Likes

:rofl: this battery is a behemoth. Glued up some ply to form a buck for the enclosure. This enclosure is gonna need some steel plating or something, there’s gonna be fuck all clearance :rofl:

3 Likes

How much does that battery alone weigh lol

1 Like

I dunno. My workshop scales only go up to 3kg :rofl:

How much clearance is not enough clearance? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Finally making some progress here…

A few things are changing on this build… for various reasons… the enclosure is fucking huge. There is no way I’m running street wheels on this. So the boas are gone, replaced by 7inch evolve ATs.

Also, that grip didn’t stay stuck to the foam. So thats gone too. Will likely frit the carbon, yet to decide on a colour.

And seeing the red wheels and griptape are gone, i’ve swapped the red mini remote mod for a clear one.

That is all for now.

1 Like

Did you need any special flux when soldering the tabs on the lipos or just normal solder?

Seemed to hold just fine with normal solder…

1 Like

Lol EADC. My brother in law has a company on other side of Oz in WA called FEADC. I wonder who was first?:rofl:

1 Like