E-Freeboard Freebord Open source Electric Caster

Can’t it’s 55 mm can, but you could get longer motor for more power

@Fosterqc Real shame that you got banned from the group, they suck for doing so (I’m the dude commenting on your post :wink:)

2 Likes

Ok apparently it was not because I was talking about a diy electric freebord. The issue was how I was posting “lots of negative comments”

My opinion is that I was defending my right to “copy” the leiftech for non-commercial purposes and yeah I was pretty brazen about it. Definitely will keep my cool on there in the future.

I asked to be unblocked and I was.

That’s still a bullshit reasons… A lot of criticisms happen there because the summerboard and especially leiftech are not well made, and have a shitty QC…

2 Likes

Did they change material of slip rings?

I wonder if slip rings are better suited for high amps ou high voltage.

2 Likes

I can tell you what the SBX is setup as because it now runs a vesc and you can use a custom version of the tool with it.

It runs 35A motor max and 15A battery max, so the slip ring is only seeing 15A maximum, it has 4 brushes per phase that maintain contact

2 Likes

I got the JMK Ride wheel

Seems like a bolt pattern of 30x30mm will work good. The wall of the wheel is very straight so the pulley will be centered sitting in it.

Here is a mock up of the JMK Ride wheel with a 36T HTD5M pulley

Still working on the main parts of this single motor E-Caster. I like the simplicity of the design right now.

3 Likes

I’m wondering what people think of this method of attaching these pieces.
It should assemble right of the CNC without much or any finishing.

That base part they are attached to still need optimization.

Closer to a working model.

List of all the hardware you see

2 Likes

Think the 4- means the 4x 5mm holes
utot-lazy-susan-2
The drawing itself appears to have 4mm holes, I realized as well I have to buy the stupid thing then I can work from there.

I was looking at this realizing the bolt could interfere with the wheel, and that the the part could be smaller.

2 Likes

Oh forgot to say i got a simple design for a 30T HTD5M bolt on pulley done. Need to pick out bolts and nuts for it to usr then put them in the design. It will have a support bearing need to figure that out too.

The module base has been smallified

Got a new idea for the battery clearance problem.

4 Likes

The current model can actually fit a 6355 motor.

I’ll test it with the 5065 motor I have now and try to pick up a larger motor that would fit.
well I do have some TB6355 I could use possibly.

2 Likes

Very nice, love your cad modelling !
I would suggest making another design for the arm that link the wheel to thee board, with another part going more upright to make it sturdier
Like a very flat y (it’s hard to describe with word :sweat_smile: )

2 Likes

Not sure exactly what you mean, as for strength a lot of the strength comes from the bolts+spacers that are not in the model yet.

I’m trying the design all the parts using the same 1/4" material, and single side CNC operation. This limits the parts that I can design, so lots of ideas is very helpful!!!

This is the best I can do quickly :joy:
It won’t cause problems to manufacture, I fear it will bend if you don’t reinforce it like this

1 Like

Ah I was guessing you might not realize it it supposed to have suspension!

I just started messing around with springs in CAD…

Tempted to use something like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000056955069.html
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000218323821.html

Perhaps I could solve it like this

with a much larger spring
hmm i should use those bolts actually

1 Like

I can get you all of the fasteners for $5 total + shipping. Happy to do it, I have one of thee I just got in and can see that it will need work soon.

2 Likes

Lol I was going to ask you for help on where to buy that stuff. The shoulder bolts were tough to find, china only makes 8mm ones in 100mm and I needed 110mm at least.
If you can find me 120mm long ones I could fit 6374 :yum:

1 Like