Dye-hard guide on wheels (How to dye wheels)

Wait while you are here am I missing something did you actually just dump the dye and wheels in your washing machine.

Should have thrown some different color clothes in also.

2 Likes

Yup wheels, tires, salt, and vinegar in the hot cycle at the laundromat.

That works be pretty cool (in some circles) to make an outfit to match the wheels. I’ll be back.

4 Likes

FTFY

2 Likes

Ahh yeah gotta use the synthetic version my dude!

Double the recommended dye in the dye to water ratio for extra awesomeness.

1 Like

is there any trick to turning translucent thane into opaque thane? adding that milky vibe?

Ride them 1000km

2 Likes

that’s just the surface, I wanna get it as deep as the dye penetrates.

The dye gets pretty far in, like 1-2 cm in so they might be solid anyway with just the regular method posted

3 Likes

Sooo i did everyrhing described here, however my wowgo wheels do not want to color. Any ideas as to how this is possible?

Ive used rit all purpose dye black. See the before and after. The wheels have been sitting for many hours.

Did you use the synthetic dye?

4 Likes

No i used all purpose as stated, do you think synthetic has a better chance?

2 Likes

One of the reason it didn’t work is because you had your camera watermarks still on :grimacing:

I used Rit synthetic when I dyed some urethane wheels (grey → purple) and they came out great.

2 Likes

Did you use dish soap and vinegar?

Did you double the dye in the ratio?

1 Like

Did anything bad happen?

1 Like

Yessir

2 Likes

My only other guess would be to try synthetic or hotter water

1 Like

About over 2 years of using these black Caguamas now, nothing bad happened, so yes, it’s good!

3 Likes

Thats good to know I plan on doing the same thing with mine. I love the blue but it kinda greens when I use them.

For sure. Urethane in general yellows with uv exposure so whatever color you’re shooting for, imagine what it will look like yellowed later down the road.