🦆 Duck Battery Systems - DIY Supply Webshop

kWeld ProbeGripz are finally here. Sorry they took so long!

There’s a link on the product page to download the .STL files for both the Malectrics and the kWeld ProbeGripz. I also updated the XT90E-M page to include a link to the dust cover.

8 Likes

does this insulate enough that you can weld an average 12s4p or something without stopping? It could also make the problem worse because they cool even slower with additional insulation.

1 Like

Would these be a pain in the ass to use on a malextrics?

Shaq might, He’s got a Kaly

With his penny board

10 Likes

Yep! Just did last night :smiley:

There is a Malectrics specific version!

3 Likes

What’s up party people. Been a while since this thread saw some love, here’s a few updates:

1. Couple new items on the shop

I have been having trouble getting my hands on more of the 4p 21700 fish paper rings, so in the mean time I got some individual rings, 30 rings per sheet. They are a custom size, so they fit perfectly on a P42A and leave nothing exposed but the positive contact. They are really nice.

Added an option to buy a bag of just female XT90S antispark connectors. Bag of 10 for cheaper than you can buy them on Amazon. I’m not exactly making a killing on these, but big daddy Bezos has me over a barrel.

These are great for the battery builders out there who use a ton of female connectors and end up with more sad lonely males than a DOTA convention. Also good for making a bunch of loopkeys, which I might be inclined to do sometime soon.

2. Lower shipping prices

Not by a ton, but they should be a bit lower for US customers by about a dollar or two. I also went through my shipping settings and resolved hopefully all the issues so now everyone should be seeing every available option at checkout.

If you are at checkout and suspect that the shipping cost is too high, take a screenshot of the shipping options it’s showing you and PM me, we can work it out :+1:

3. PayPal is really fucking me over, and seriously hurting my business.

I am considering removing it as a payment option from my shop, and I want to get y’alls take on that.

For a really good explanation of the problem with PayPal from a seller’s perspective, and some great discussions about it, please read this excellent post from @janpom:

Anyway, I pretty much figure I have two options here:

1. Continue allowing PayPal and accept them taking a huge chunk of my profits, freezing my money arbitrarily, and being completely opaque about why my account has so many restrictions despite me jumping through all their hoops.
    (This is what I am currently doing.)
  2. Stop allowing PayPal and accept that there will be some percentage of customers who will not complete a purchase on my store because of it.

I cant really know how big of a percent that is, but I do know that PayPal is making it really hard for me to grow my business. I am hoping that y’all are willing to use another payment processor like google pay or apple pay, or go through the extra few moments to type out your card info, but I know that the extra friction might be the thing that causes people to leave the site without buying something.

What do yall think?

6 Likes

Sounds like a good plan, I only recently realised how much of a ridiculous cut PayPal takes and it’s not much (if any?) easier for customers. Because you’re using Shopify the buyer only needs to enter their card/address details once and through the magic of cookies and constant internet surveillance it auto-populates.

Maybe make a poll for people who have or definitely will buy stuff off you? I’d suggest making it “is this actually a burden on you at all?” rather than “is this a burden you could accept” to have the best shot at seeing if it would affect non-forum users while still sampling from us weirdos. Then again idk how much of your business comes from outsiders anyway so it might be a moot point

2 Likes

Have people on the forum at least who want to pay through PayPal send you a message and pay through F&F? How big of a cut does PayPal take?

1 Like

Jan in the other thread said 5.5% in the Czech Republic, presume it’s similar stateside

2 Likes

That’s just on sales. There’s a host of other fees depending on type of transaction.

3 Likes

If you don’t know your credit card digits off the top of your head, are you really a DIY esk8 builder?

7 Likes

It’s about 50/50 people who are active on the forum and people who are either not from the forum or I dont recognize from here, so it would be really hard to poll those people. That’s why I am hosting this conversation here, because I care about this community and want to do what is best for yall.

Nah, I wouldnt ask anyone to go through that kind of hassle. Plus then I would have to set up a manual order and stuff, and it just becomes a headache for me and the customer.

From what I can tell, the two main benefits that keeps customers coming back to PP is the convenience (press one button, fingerprint to log in, boom) and the idea of purchase protection.

Haha I’m fully with you on this.

On my account, it works out to about 4% if I want to be able to transfer the money to my bank immediately (which I usually do since that money has already been held by PP for 4 weeks, and I usually need it badly).

And that’s 4% of the total cost including the shipping fee (which I make no profit on), so it brings what would be like a 30% profit margin down to like a 20% profit margin on some orders.

Man, this sentence really strikes to the heart of our collective shopping addictions :joy:

Y’all are making a really good case for ditching PayPal hahaha

6 Likes

Drop those motherfuckers. #fuckpaypal #fuckshitcunts

4 Likes

I’d say its ok to drop PayPal. As long as there is a credit card option, it’s all good.

4 Likes

Agreed, drop PayPal and offer straight credit card transactions.

1 Like

All I use is PayPal :joy: butt fuck em.

I have officially removed PayPal as a checkout option. Hopefully it doesn’t lose me a lot of customers :grimacing::crossed_fingers:

10 Likes

13 Likes

It might be too late, but what if you did something similar to what I think @janpom did?

Charge an additional fee for paypal, and then offer a discount for credit cards?

1 Like

I strongly considered that, but passing on the PP fees to the customer doesnt solve the problem of PP freezing my account randomly for no reason and holding my money hostage whenever they want.

It just makes PP shitty for me AND the customer.

4 Likes