Dual VESC or 2xVesc

Fine balance between price and quality with all those parts, I hope you get lucky and succeed!

I hope so too, although I dont want it to seem lucky haha

Remote will be fine as long as you don’t go to San Francisco
Motors will be fine as long as you don’t smash them against too many rocks / don’t let them run super hot
ESC will be fine if you don’t run it at more than 30A. Also BLDC mode might be safer than FOC, but yolo

1 Like

why not San Francisco? and how dangerous is it over 30A?

Everyone in San Francisco works in IT and owns 3 internet of things toasters that make wireless communication very unreliable. You need a quality remote that does frequency hopping like a Hoyt puck, Trampa wand (citation needed), or OSSR remote to survive there.

Well, as I said, at over 30A I got the occasional over current cutouts when accelerating. Maybe it was just my motor, don’t know. Many people easily fry their 4.2 ESCs. I think if you keep it under the recommended spec of 50A it should be fine, but just to be safe and set your expectations right, 30A each is what I treat them as. Doubt anyone on this forum has been successfully running 2 of these each at 50A for more than a day lol

1 Like

Thats interesting, I never knew that

Ok ill leave them at 30A. I weigh 125 and i want to be able to break down some pretty steep hills. I guess ill need to try it out

You’re way lighter than me, 60A at a top speed of 27mph will get you up plenty of hills :smiley:

Oh ok, so if i set both of the escs at 30A max I technically have 60A drawing from the battery

1 Like

Yes. I mean you’re not losing that much; with the best ESC in the world you’d still only be able to get 20A more from your setup :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh ok thats good. so then why do they advertise them so high?

Because everyone else rates them at that, and they’re poor at testing, and they don’t specify for how long they can handle the current, so they’re technically correct but practically not.

Ahh ok. Do you know how much current a boosted stealth gets? Those feel mad powerful especially going up hills

Don’t know; sorry. Acceleration is mostly dependent on motor amps, which you can increase even if you have a weak battery; all you need is big motors to take the heat. If you’re going dual 6355 or more, you’ll definitely outpower any boosted lol

Yeah I figured haha. I asked on reddit, it’s about 23 amps per motor so I guess it’s 50A total output of that battery

1 Like

As a general rule, two single ESC is better than a Dual ESC. But there are a lot of specifics there that can be very different…

Also, don’t buy Flipsky stuff unless you plan to buy it twice.

1 Like

He means PWM as output by the radio receiver, the thing that Trampa erroneously calls “PPM” in the software.

36gukp

2 Likes

I don’t think you should buy anything yet, as you’ve been talking about mostly electrical parts so far.

It’ll be way cheaper if you heed the costly mistakes others have made before you.

I notice you’re discussing a remote and that’s way down at number 9, you should have all those other things already finalized before you start deciding on a remote

Just my advice to spend the least money and build the best skate.

And pay close attention to how “deck” and “enclosure” are chosen together, in one step. That’s no accident.

3 Likes

Yes I see that. I am getting custom enclosures so I think I’m fine for that. Everything else is chosen already…

Ahhh ok

Haha ok, I wont. I saw a lot of people having that issue. Thanks