Dual VESC or 2xVesc

Hey guys,

I was wondering, what is better for a beginner DIY build? 2 VESCs or 1 dual Vesc? The dual vesc would be the FlipSky Dual 4.2 VESC (about $160 shipped) and the single VESCs would be the Maytech SuperESC ($135 for 2 +shipping and canbus connector)

I am using a dual 6354 motor setup with the Flipsky VX1 Remote and a custom 10s4p with 80A (cont) output.

All help is appreciated!

1 Like

2 vesc is better then a dual
@b264 can confirm

i woudl advise using the vx1 in ppm and using split ppm for the remote (only if you dont need reverse)

however still 2 vesc is better then a dual as it will save you money in the long run

eitherway never buy from flipsky

currently available the only good dual vesc is the unity and those are hard to get except from the raptor shop where you are supporting a scammer

2 Likes

hmmm ok. What do you mean by “ppm”? And if I use the remote with those dual vescs I would not be able to go reverse?

1 Like

if you used remote with uart with dual vesc and canbus you get reverse

if you use the remote split ppm no canbus you dont get reverse

advantages of split ppm are that its slightly safer for the vesc

1 Like

Ohh ok. So I am going to use a canbus connector and ill be able to go reverse with the vx1 remote?

1 Like

yes with canbus and uart you get reverse

1 Like

what is uart?

1 Like

it is 1 of the ports on the vesc
usually a 7 pin or 6 pin port

it allows comunication with the vesc

2 Likes

ohh ok, and what do I plug into there?

1 Like

the remote will come with a connector on the receiver to plug into it

if you have the remote with you i can show you

1 Like

I do not, I understand though. Does that mean I do not need to solder?

1 Like

yes you will not need to solder

maybe you will have to change the connector but that is easy

1 Like

what do you mean?

1 Like

it might come with a smaller connector and you will have to take the pins out and put them in a new connector

1 Like

Ohh ok, hopefully that does not happen. If so, what should I do?

1 Like

it is very easy to change them and there are many people in the US who would be willign to help and donate a connector

2 Likes

Ok thats good, thank you

1 Like

I would suggest not running those ESCs at more than 30A single or 60A dual. If you want to use the most out of your battery, get something better, but the market is pretty dry at the moment for reliable options that don’t cost a fortune. Maybe in a month :laughing:

2 Likes

ah that sucks. those maytechs are not good? they are rated 240A max

That refers to short current spikes that inevitably come up during normal operation that its components can handle. It won’t even let you program it that high :smiley: I got current cutouts with similar ESCs at even 40A; 30A was fine though, so that’s what I recommend running them at.

2 Likes