Drop deck stack

Don’t know of anyone selling, but @rafaelinmissouri made a nice one you can model after.

1 Like

When I first joined someone was. Long hair or someone like that. I’ve asked several times and get the same answer.
Time to finish that cnc/print set up.

i’d check out some angled risers, this is going to be a monster truck

1 Like

Is that less of a stress on the bolts? Or just two of them?

Ironically, but yes, like that big rusty one

That’s not a skyscraper. This is a skyscraper.

3 Likes

Check out my century build, used about 1 inch of risers in front. Highly recommend getting strong bolts, aluminum risers in .25 inches from send cut send, and top plates at .175 inches. Use tight tolerances, as tight as possible. Stack them and put rubber between.

Risers like that make me want someone to design an ESC like a modification of the Cheap Focer that includes clearance for the deck screws. If you put the 4 truck holes in them you could stack them or hale 2 bolts in each ESC.

I’m sure someone besides me has considered this.

3 Likes

@dickyho steel ones on eBay.

I just picked up a few of the standard x ones and I like them.

1 Like

Bought those a few years ago. Not bad.

2 Likes

They have the jolly. Fits the pirate thing. Thanks

1 Like

Those nuggets on the front tho. Hahahaha. Rat fink. Definitely 70’s inspired.

Are all the risers really necessary? It looks like you have a solid two inches of clearance, also you should set your adjustable baseplates at 40 degrees in the rear for stability, or at the most 50.
I think you could get away with half of those risers and your drives still wouldn’t get near touching the decks drop.
Here’s my clearance w/ 40 deg rear and M1s and it still won’t touch my deck at full turn:

1 Like

Dafuq happened to those mounts?

3 Likes

Wheel gear kissed the case when my wheel spacer got smushed randomly in my wheels. At least I think.
My old v1 Abec wheel adapter had so much play, the gears wobbled a lot when spinning.
I got new updated kegal ones from BN and they run super straight now.
edit: here’s a pic of the spacer:

I think whenever it somehow got smushed it stopped applying pressure to the adapter and allowed the gear to wobble to where it rubbed against the case. i use zealous now ofc though

3 Likes

me man legit canceled out the drop deck function with risers :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

@Flasher has made a nice one too for another reference.

Sorry @BillGordon just meant to reply to OP

2 Likes

Aren’t those mine now?

1 Like

Lol no… these adapters w/ play are from my v1 drives from when Kevin first released them a year ago. I’m p sure these ones didn’t even have the pins loctited

I never even test fitted the new drives I sold you, but Kevin recently updated the adapters to these:

2 Likes

I can not see so high riser. :pray:please do it more sexy and integrate in to riser some light or bottle opener or something useful or more nice :+1:

2 Likes