Down bad AF 4 reviews of big daddy Hoyt 5" hubs/tires & testing of 5" tires on other hubs

My mistake…i assumed that was each… But in retrospect, that is a lot more reasonable

3 Likes

I might just bump in here and add that my wide hubs fit the Hoyt tyres. It is my own bolt pattern, though

5 Likes

Sorry which hubs are these? And they fit the small Hoyt tire?

Have you tested them in a ride yet? I am super hyped for your design, and I fully intend to get a set once they’re ready.

1 Like

3 Likes

Did you end up giving it a Kegel mount?

I am waiting to get a tyre from Hoyt to confirm the fit, because of the width difference. Don’t want the hub poking out of the tyre.

1 Like

No

Edit: it would inhibit the design. I have a solid version I could possibly look at adding it to.

1 Like

This is cool!!! They look so wide! I almost wonder if 2 Hoyt tires will fit on the same hub :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If they don’t fit I’d be happy to make a different outer lip that reduces the hub so the Hoyt tyres work. It is the cheapest part of the hub :yum:

1 Like

NOOO! Make an even wider one!!! So we can fit 2 or 3 of these tires :rofl: wider is more better

3 Likes

this looks like something more than just a hoyt tire hub, I think you might have invented a hub design that allows for multiple sizes of tire on the same hub. A hub system. Just swap the sleeve for anything from hoyt 5" to 6x2 to evolve to MBS or even scooter tires. nothing is out of reach with a plethora of rim options.

this is bigger than just 5 inch. this is special.

I wonder how multiple contact patches would act compared to a single wide one.
But that’s actually really interesting. I’d keep the outer tire high pressure and the inner low, or vice versa, see how they behave, but you could probably get some really interesting results by playing around like that.

1 Like

Think Dullie

1 Like

Oh I know all about the mud life. Just really interesting concept. If you have one big groove they’d act as one tire, vs 2 small grooves for dually behavior. But I’m more interested in how different tire pressure in different places would affect grip. Could be a game changer as far as racing setups.

2 Likes

Almost wonder if the hub would need like a middle lip of the insides of both tires to press against

That’s what I meant by one groove vs 2. With 2 they’d act more like separate tires, with one(and I’d think you’d want it a little smaller than it should be) they’d act more like one wide tire, I think

1 Like

With 3 you could do the middle high pressure and the other two low and I think that would perform really really really good.

1 Like

I like the way your thinking, although it may not work. Since we don’t have independent suspension that rolls, the tyre profile doesn’t roll laterally during movements. The harder pressure tyre may stop the softer one from properly deforming for grip. 2 tyres definitely don’t fit on this hub though haha :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m blown away by how quickly so many alternative hubs were made for these tires!! The rest of the Hoyt team is excited to see all the final versions! Please bring some to carve pdx if you’re coming!

4 Likes