Dot Boards - Electric Freedom

An Aussie outfit with a revolutionary hub motor design. Haven’t we heard this song before? :thinking:

While their design shows innovation, especially with battery packs, I remain skeptical, however I hope they succeed nonetheless.

What are your thoughts?

8 Likes

Looks pretty interesting, I would like to see more detailed testing data though.

1 Like

Seems expensive $1950 AUD for the short board with 2 batteries and two motors. A boosted mini x is $1200 AUD.

No reviews from anyone on you tube that I could see. I would be waiting to see what Scott Davies says about it before considering

3 Likes

Those rear hubs look funky. I see seams and seperation in the future.

1 Like

Yeah the price is up there…

“affordable” $1400? hmm seems like a smarter idea to me to save money and get an evolve or boosted, the hubs are odd sized and look kind of like stuff we have seen before

2 Likes

Looked closer. The clear thane threw me off. No obvious issue with hubs.

1 Like

Nicely integrated and all, but where they get off charging that much for a hub drive IDK.

1 Like

Transporter version looks a bit awkward.

2 Likes

My knees hurt just looking at that thing :confused:

1 Like

6 Likes

… as long as you buy them from us!

3 Likes

Overrated for now… awkward board shapes, it’s a wait and see. Makes one wonder who were boosted and evolve’s backers in the beginning (need to brush up on irrelevant history)

No need. I can answer that.

Nerds

4 Likes

Like us? :nerd_face:

Well… I owned an evolve for a short time.

4 Likes

So did I LOL! A BGT for about 5 months, until I got tired of the voltage sag and the remote buffering problems.

You can get it looking a little less awkward you know.

That’s 2x Evolve money though. Can get a GTR and a Stoke for the same, or better build a kick-ass DIY or two.

4 Likes

You don’t shut up about it

1 Like

I’m gonna need those hub motors closer together, though.

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, notice the track width front to back isn’t the same. Even with the big wheeler.

4 Likes