Dot Boards - Electric Freedom

I mean. It was a big part of my life mooner, 45 days of hate and aggression.

3 Likes

What are those?!

1 Like

Exactly.

:thinking: nice logo though… quite discrete

5 Likes

Is it a heatsink for hub motor?

a lot of things about this board are kind of fascinating. Like the power couplings inside the trucks, the motors plug into the hangers. And i wonder if adding packs is a series addition or a parallel addition, an ESC could be set up to allow either, but parallel would make more sense.

the asymmetrical tracking is fucking weird though. However, Jake’s carvon based drop through has a similar asymmetry (boas on 218s on the front and carvons with abec 107s on the back) and he says it feels great.

3 Likes

Well on the smaller single motor / single battery boards, when you upgrade to dual motor you automatically get another battery, thereafter though, it’s all just extra range.

So at least 2P needed for the amp draw on dual motor, then just more P’s after that for even more range.

1 Like

Makes you wonder though, if they need two battery packs to power hubs, what cells they’re using?

They said VTC4

2 Likes

How many per pack?

Not sure but the charger is 48V…so 11.4s1p? That’s an expected 9wh/km or 15wh/mi from the board which seems right

2 Likes

Got to wonder about those AT wheels apart from the looks, pretty ballsy to bust a mini slide on cobblestone in their vid.

3 Likes

They lie. There is no way the charger is 48V.

A lot (basically all) battery packs and chargers in the ebike world lie about their voltages. These parts are probably rooted in the ebike world.

Why anyone thinks lying about voltages relating to lithium packs is a good idea, I will never know.

“Hey, let’s lie about the voltage so dumb people know how to compare this battery to a lead acid battery pack. It can only cause a house fire if folks use it wrong, but no big deal”

5 Likes

So the nominal output voltage of that charger is probably 42V? Then its a 10s1p with 7.56Wh/km or 12.2Wh/mi efficiency?

1 Like

I think when they say “48V” they usually actually mean 13S (54.6V) or sometimes 12S (50.4V). But it’s rather ambiguous.

1 Like

What confuses me is that there are only 6 contacts in the battery, I’d assume one is the main positive and the other is ground, but that makes it a 5s…

1 Like

Probably has BMS per battery. Otherwise it would be possible to connect a full charged group to a dead one and yikes. 6 pins maybe 2 for power and 4 for com between the groups.

4 Likes

I do dig the carrying case. But thats about it.

1 Like

Each 10s1p vtc4 pack add on is $600!!!

6 Likes

that’s fucktarded. you could buy a whole new meepo for each of those packs and just strap meepos to your back all day.

10 Likes