DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

The cover does not carry a whole lot of load through them. So you can just drill through as you see fit, but I would just find another pulley since you don’t have one yet.

What configuration or OEM board do you have?

3 Likes

Who rides a lot, carves a lot, and lives in a warm/hot climate where they can put on 100 miles inside each week? I need you to test V2. My big friend that was my go to durability tester is too busy now.

I am making changes to improve production efficiency and I’m looking for one person of each weight category:

• 250+

Unfortunately, I cannot take overseas people because I cannot afford to ship back and forth samples, which will be $50-60 each way and takes too long to ship back and forth.

I prefer if you’re someone that already bought. I’ll refund your order if you can meet these requirements.

Thanks,
Doug

8 Likes

I’m 210 when riding and have destroyed lots of wheels lol. I’m in Australia though sorry. I’ll be giving your pro wheels a solid run when they arrive at the very least.

3 Likes

Damn, youd be perfect.
Keen to see your thoughts and how they hold up for you on the short track.

1 Like

If I wasn’t in Portland where it rained every day I would totally be down

3 Likes

I’d be down too, but tore apart my street build and am currently building a couple new ones. When do the wheels come in?

I signed up, but I can’t ride that much on thane in the winter. If this is for springtime I’m game. 210lb w gear.

This week, the factory is injecting another 8 sets for validation.

We have went back to the material suppliers and got more information. With these next iterations, there are no changes to the geometry - only to processing and to the material to achieve better chemical adhesion.

After I get feedback from that, then we will start changing the mold, which I’m told can be done in as little as 15-20 days. I don’t want to change the molds until I’m very confident in the material + processing changes so I can be very confident in the extra investment needed.

@Evwan it is for now. Unfortunately, the longer people take to put on miles, the longer that everyone gets so I’m trying to prioritize people in CA, FL, TX, Arizona.

1 Like

Ah got it.
I guess since I have your attention, I sent an email a week ago and didn’t get a reply, is it possible for you to follow up? It’s about my original preorder.

Yeah, going thru emails now.

Are the orders of the original wheels that were marked as shipped going to be replaced with sets from this new batch or will they be released as-is? I’m on the heavier end of the scale (210~) but I don’t have a street board to put them on currently, so I was going to let my skinnier brother in law use them and give me his impressions on his board :laughing:

2 Likes

Only if there are issues. Unfortunately, I cannot replace every wheel. I don’t have the financial capacity to do that.

Feel free to email me.

I’m ok getting the current/as-is version, just wasn’t sure if you were pausing shipping altogether on the regular (non-PRO) versions

Currently if they are over 200lbs combined body and board weight, then I am taking extra precaution.

I’m almost finished with the new blog post so that will have a lot more details on what happened, how I’m fixing it, and some options related to shipping now or wait and get more discount + free stuff if they wait for the V2 version.

3 Likes

Thanks for your hard work and dedication to this product!

3 Likes

Damn I’d do it but @DEEIF still sitting on my board he was gonna build. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You what, Doug ? It’s only one way = to me :rofl: :metal:

I’ll get that vid done soon, fingers crossed, or, I could up the crap one I already sent ya a week or 2 ago . . . Mine are holding up really bloody well and I haven’t lost traction once. They grip like fuck and probably saved my arse from a fall when an idiotic moped rider came at me on the wrong side of the road and just stopped. My only Negative view with riding on them is that fully loaded with all the weights they kinda sound like you’re on 1970’s clay roller skate wheels, but even then, fully loaded, the grip is superb - I will attempt to remove some pins to dial in a different set up. Fingers Crossed for a future, larger variant 115 > 130 mm and the most desirable colour of all - White

^^^ Let’s consider that my completely unprofessional review @TheGoodMomentum and seriously, the sound is not a real criticism.
I’ve spent many an enjoyable evening blasting around on brick groundwork with (no doubt) nearby residents assuming the Luftwaffe are flying in . . .

3 Likes

Damn super curious about this sound now…

What’s a guy gotta do to have Kegel outers?

6 Likes