DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

Enjoy burning man! :wink:

3 Likes

Wondering if i could somehow get those on my matrix iis

How many miles have the beta units been run?

Still no or little wear?

of course. but wont last long.

Review is up.

1 Like

Can’t wait for someone more knowledgeable to review them

16 Likes

Shots fired

2 Likes

EK8UNITY doesn’t really say anything useful in his review. “I like them, good grip”, that’s about it.

@ShutterShock are you planning a review for these?

5 Likes

Absolutely - just waiting for them to come! I’m in first pre-order batch so I’ll be one of the first to have them

5 Likes

from his tone in the video, it seems the boosted 105s’ still his preference.

1 Like

Surprising for sure - but I will have to see when I get em

Right now boosted 105 are my fav urethane wheel as well

3 Likes

Ditto on the 105s, besides the low rumbly noise/vibration off the line, once you get up to speed they feel great. Anxiously awaiting these hollow wheels as well from the first batch.

1 Like

i regret selling my spare set, but then i do have the hollow wheels coming.

1 Like

He obviously has a financial interest in those wheels, he gets a cut from every sale. Haven’t you seen how hard he’s been pushing those?

I’ve tried those boosted wheels, feel kind of lumpy I could feel all the holes in the wheels

5 Likes

Keep in mind that Fred is about 140lbs and he had the wheels set to the stiffest configuration. Also, there are tons of different configurations. You can have just the red insert or you could have pins inserted in ever other hole. To be fair, we are just going to have to wait for more info and reviews. I really support what Doug is doing. He is trying to create a revolutionary product.

7 Likes

Hello all,

Sorry for the late reply.

Here is an update on the shipping container.

It has been sitting at the port and I’m trying to figure out how to get people to get off their butt and get the shipment to my warehouse.

It has been at the port since the 3rd… I live like 20 miles from the port.

7 Likes

Fred (ESK8Unity) is a nice guy and easy to work with. He expressed more excitement for the wheels in the private text telling me they were the most grippy street wheel he tested but it didn’t really come through in his review. He said he liked the grip, but then I felt it was a bit overshadowed by him pushing ESK8 con as well as the benefits of a 2 and 1 board. I didn’t really find the video to communicate his personal feelings and impressions of the wheel but more of just a spec sheet overview. I’m trying to get him to modify the video a little bit to express more of his impressions, but we’ll see how that goes. I said he will and so I wait.

I didn’t know that he has a financial interest in other products, but if I were in his shoes, I’d probably want to strike a deal like that too. Next time I will ask for that kind of dealings to begin with before I ship wheels out to other influencers for review.

I gave him my only personal set and the first set of any Hollow Wheels so I feel sad that I couldn’t enjoy the wheels myself after all these years. That makes me the saddest; I don’t even have any wheels to myself.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that you’ve been duped. He’s literally banned from the local communities for breaking half of our rules. My pm conversation with him is pretty ugly…

6 Likes

That’s too bad. Seems like a nice guy on the Facebook groups and only know his wheel review videos.

Happy to hear the wheels are stateside now at least - hopefully they’ll release it from the port and get them to you soon :+1:t2:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say I was duped. Fred in my experience is a nice guy and he is true to his word.

He released a new video and was happy to work with him. He puts in a lot of work in his channel and it was my part in not doing due diligence in at least finding out if there was a financial interest in other products (which you can’t blame Youtubers, they gotta make money some how and they spend a lot of time on editing and shooting).

7 Likes