DIY Wheels - Hollow Wheels - Very Comfy

@DEEIF Are zealous really that cheap in the US? :scream: checks amazon They’re 16$, so 13.53€. Still way better than the standard 20€ they cost in the EU… I’m jelly

@TheGoodMomentum You claim the wheels have better grip than others, and it does look like that’s the case when making turns, but what about when accelerating or braking? With the lower rolling resistance due to only the sidewall touching the ground, I’d imagine grip would be terrible on straights. Would you recommend these wheels for single drive setups? Have you tested?

2 Likes

Interested(ish…?) too.

Did u get to see what the shipping to NZ would cost?

yeah, that was about US$35 for the cheapest option

1 Like

Where are you located in EU? I would like a set as well.

Anyone else for a EU shipping?

2 Likes

Spain, shipping here it’s like 10 bucks for everywhere in Europe tracked

Thanks dude. You know where I live… it’s on my website

1 Like

@DEEIF cool! Let me know! I have like 50 cones. Only enough to make a little skidpad tho.

@Fosterqc Thanks for the feedback. I’ll get more footage and content and remember to take this feedback and act upon it.

@kook Thanks, Kook. I really appreciate it. I am staking my entire reputation and my business. I’m fortunate to have the resources to make this bet. I’m not making a dime on this and so far in the hole in this in the short term. I just really wanted to create something really memorable and prove to myself that I could do it. So thank you for being part of the journey. Thanks to everyone for posting with the really thoughtful and challenging questions.

@Bavioze So the cover actually does not bear any load. It never touches the ground because of the taper. You can actually ride without the cover (well, the thread part… you need the bearing bore part of it). All the load is in the back half of the wheel. I chose the shapes because my gf thought it looked cool and I was trying to impress her.

@ShutterShock I was going about 10-15 or so. It is $110 for the wheel itself with shipping right now. It is a great wheel and a lot of performance. You don’t have to get the adjustable suspension part. It’s just an add on. I actually ride without the insert so I can get the most comfort and it still grips amazing without it. Just the guys looking for every single piece of performance love to get it. The inserts also have metal in them so it isn’t cheap to produce as well.

4 Likes

I couldn’t resist and bought a set with the inserts. Looking forward to trying these out.

2 Likes

@kook I’ll code the site to include the prices. Good feedback. I appreciate it. I think the wheel has one of the biggest roles in how these boards ride and with those inserts, you can have a ton of fun playing around and fine tuning everything. You can leave the inserts only in the back and leave the front empty if you want really fast turn in and some more comfort while getting a little more range with the inserts in the back. You can adjust weight and see how it suits your riding style. There are so many permutations you can make and experiments you can do.

@alexnz NP. DM me and I’ll see what I can do with my freight forwarders. Same to you too @rosco.

@EreTroN, I am in California. I’ll see if I can make a partnership with a distributor that I can trust in the EU.

@rusins It depends on your setup and your deck (if it is flexible or not). I haven’t tested TBH. You’ll always have that torque steer effect with the single motor. That said, I do honor a 30 day return because I’m so confident at least with dual motor set ups.

@Sh0ckwaves - Thanks!!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll preorder a pair tomorrow for myself anyways…

If I understood correctly those can be kegel or abec core, right?

Also, are you considering any other color scheme for those in future?

I only saw Abec in the pics which might actually put me out because I only have nice kegel pulleys right now haha

Edit: it says he will email you according to the description actually

1 Like

Cheers bro. I think @alexnz and I actually in same city. I’m interested but they’re pretty spendy for me - so I’m on the fence cos of that. Also have way too many parts and unfinished stuff and another $250+ NZD of parts which will just sit around for a while doesn’t seem the most sensible thing right now

2 Likes

@EreTroN Thanks! Yeah, definitely other color schemes, but not for this batch.I am also working on internal lights inside the inserts too. I have an ABEC and Kegel core too @ShutterShock

Thanks,
Doug

3 Likes

Oh whoah. No worries at all. Thanks for not pulling my leg. JK. Hoping for a speedy recovery so you can continue kicking ass! Ok. I’ll stop. Thanks, Doug

3 Likes

For EU distribution i can recommend @Anubis and @EboardSolutions

I’ve bought from those guys directly and trough group buys. Everything went perfect.

Just my 2cents.

6 Likes

absolutely second this

9 Likes

Well, I’m not usually the early adopter type, but these wheels are too intriguing, so I’ve purchased my ticket for a ride on the hype train. Hope the ride is smooth and long, and the hype is real. :steam_locomotive: :crossed_fingers:t4:

5 Likes

cough choke

Just showed my mom these, she thinks they are pretty cool!

anyways ordered a set.

Looking forward to my broke ass riding these around.

3 Likes

any idea how these hold up on damp/wet conditions?

2 Likes

We could have shared the shipping, but yeah, looks like you’ve got some more pressing matters on your hands. Once you’re back up and running, let’s catch up for a ride around Hagley Park, they just opened a new section of smooth asphalt on the southern side.
It’d be sensible for me to sell my 3 sets of pretty bad airless wheels before I invest in a supposedly good one!

2 Likes