DIY Electric Goped Goquad

So I have been buying parts to start my Electric Go kart build. The frame I choose was a Green goped goquad (about 24 pounds) that is chain driven, not the live axle one, mainly because this frame has a square tube where the motors will mount. I just believe it will make it easier to make a mount.I do have someone looking into making me a custom mount that will attached to the rear tube, but I’m leaning towards getting my coworker to build me 2 - 1/8 thick steal mount and welding it for me. I attached my cad drawings below of the mount being made. So the set up i’m going with will be two 6374 170kv motors, gearing is 14t on motor and 56t on the 6 inch wheel. My goal is to have a plenty of torque and hit about 30 mph. The battery I’m currently getting made will be a 12s5p with Samsung 30q cells which will be sitting inside a pelican vault 100 case in the rear of the kart. My choice of vesc will be two single focboxes with a Janux VESC Heatsink. I have considered the flipsky 6.6 dual mini but not sure what would be best for my build, what do you guys think? My choice of a remote will be a vesc wand, and I will design and 3d print some type of handle bar mount. I could of simply installed a ebike throttle on but I wanted to try a different route. Now as soon as I get the motor mount deal over with, I will be getting the Kart powdercoated Candy teal metallic. I weight about 240 pounds and I hope to have the results I hope for power wise. If there is any tips or advice from you guys it will be much appreciated.

22 Likes

Motor mounts are welded and the Kart has been send off for powder coating

image|375x500

5 Likes

8 Likes

Why not just do wired controls? Also im partial to the finger throttles like a jet ski. But if i was on a little cart like yours maybe a gas pedal.?

2 Likes

I wanted to try something different, I have done the ebike throttle on my scooter build. I just wanted to benefit from being able to see the telemetry on the vesc wand plus regen braking is cool.

Ya i get it… all in 1. But its be cool to build a heads up screen on the steering column…

1 Like

This is sweet! Back when I had a goped GSR I was eying one of these up but I lost interest to esk8. Looks like it will be a super fun drift machine though. Following this.

1 Like

I brought an aluminum tube and some plates and will be getting this crossbar made tomorrow for the motor mounts it will bolt on. I attached a pdf with dimensions
Cross-Bar-dimensions.pdf (9.5 KB
image|375x500

)

2 Likes

Huge Thank you to @pookybear for soldering extended motor wire to my two focboxes. Frame is in rough shape I had to pull it out of powder coating to fix a steering knuckle, should be able to take it back by next weekend. need to buy flat m4 screws to get more clearance for the chain. really like the wheels!!

7 Likes

Looks fun! I’ve been wanting to build something like this with those LION pouch batteries.

3 Likes

Seeing those two focboxes makes me want to drive it like a tank

3 Likes

Cross bar is done it came out pretty nice. It really helped straighten out the motor mounts. New steering knuckles arrived will get them welded on this week.

5 Likes

Got the steering knuckles welded. Than Got the kart back from powder coating today . Hawaiian Blue coated. Right now with the motors and wheels installed it weights 36 pounds. Still need to mount the battery box, vesc case and the seat.

6 Likes

Never got to update you guys but I did finish the build I’ll post a few videos when I get a chance.

https://youtu.be/ivE_jiG53lc

5 Likes

Check this video out guys

8 Likes

More electric Gokarts coming soon !!!

6 Likes

Did you hit 30?

2 Likes

This thing is brilliant.

3 Likes

I hit 33, my friend was following me on his Gotway Msx which tops out at 34 I think, that’s why it was beeping like crazy

That’s extremely, extremely dangerous for him to do that.

1 Like