DIY Battery Pack Guidance needed

Yea exactly what i did today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Before i put all the p-groups in series, does this seem right with all the balance cables? (black spots)

First negative
and the rest on every positive from each p-group

Its good practice I have learned to put the balance tab on the negative side of the same series connection. That way when you fold the tab over the side of the cell there is less chance of a short

Edit: obviously not possible on the last cell which needs to be pack positive

1 Like

@glyphiks i see, that makes sense :wink:
so like this instead

1 Like

Yeah mate, you got it :+1:

1 Like

This is gonna take some time… Got the boss custom spot welder

And its heating up like a maniac. 1 p group before its getting to 50 degrees celcius.

shoulda got a kWeld

The kWeld just works perfectly or what?

pretty much perfect welds straight outta the box with the right power source

1 Like

Use a fan… Any table top fan or I guess you could use a bigger one like an oscillating fan for a room… You need air flow right over it… Then you’ll be able to pop off welds with a quickness… I wasted my life like you on 2 builds till I got a fan…then I was like wtf was I wasting all that time for lol

1 Like

Ohh theres a fan output on the pcb. nice :smiley:

yeah u could use a little computer fan, but if you use a real fan itll move way more air. then youlll be working so fast your soft little hands wont be able to handle the heat of the pen hahaha i know…

fan works :+1:
did you have any problems with 2 prongs. They are so flimsy and bending all the time

Its probably getting close to time for a new pen or nodding this one a bit… The shrink tube around the tips came off and now the but that keep each pin seperated is starting to deteriorate so will have to see what options I have to keep it going.

Just dont push to hard and they wont bend…

I took the pen apart and put some new shrink tubing around them so they cant get too close and dont seem as bendy. Tho i dont know if im not putting even presure on the tips for once in a while a big burst happens and kinda just explodes on one tip. But the small fan i put on does it for me. Now i just need one for the pen… :stuck_out_tongue:

For the pen a small piece of wood will do

Has anyone tried one of these spot welders? Just curious if they work good on cells. Comes with rechargeable cell.

Or this one.

Riba’s car battery welders have a huge reputation at endless sphere. I dunno about those just by looking at a picture. They could have a Similar behavior. Can’t tell about performance.
I am into small welders so I don’t want those

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=102681

1 Like