DIWHY did you build this

Just connect them together human-centipede style if theyre not long enough.

4 Likes

Meanwhile I’m over here being bothered if a layer of epoxy isn’t sanded to be flat, and then end up needing a second layer anyway if the fiberglass ends up exposed.

Circles added to make it more clear where they are. I’m still in the middle of sanding the bottom part of it. If it ends up needing more epoxy to sit flush on the deck, or needs more anywhere else, then I’ll go ahead and make sure to cover them up. Otherwise I might just dab on some ink to make them impossible to see so I don’t need to wait another 24 hours for epoxy to cure

You do realise that the second you drive in the first time it will get dinged up? :smiley:

1 Like

No it won’t? The bottom of the enclosure is no where near the pavement :person_facepalming: At worst there is a small chance for a rock to get kicked up, but that is more likely to hit the complete other end of the enclosure near the front of the board. Although 99% of rocks end up being flung at me since my front truck sits so far in front of the rest of the deck. really need to get around to designing some form of fender that also won’t look dumb

The additions I’m making are all in epoxy resin with fiberglass reinforcement. Which is stronger than the base abs of the rest of the enclosure. My other deck is custom painted with only coats of polyurethane and then some gloss varnish to protect it which I did over a year ago. The paint underneath is almost completely undamaged. Both of those coatings are far weaker than epoxy is, and were done in thin coats only.

I don’t know how you are riding, or what materials you’re using on your enclosures, but you’re doing something wrong if you expect it to be damaged after the first ride. :person_shrugging:

I never get my enclosure damaged beside curbs, maybe your board is high enough that it won’t happen to you. But for me it literally was the first ride that I scratched up my enclosure, I have found where the curbs that I scrape on in my area are and get off my board so it doesn’t happen but if it would happen every ride if I didn’t.

My back truck sits on an inch worth of risers, and the only kegel wheels I currently have are 110mm so I would have to send it down a curb to get close to scraping it. Which I never do anyway because why would I want to.

Only time I have scraped the enclosure on my working board has been on the sidewalk where the city hires idiots to cut the grass. They leave a fairly large hole between the sidewalk and grass which my wheels can get stuck in and sink down enough that the sidewalk will scrape the enclosure.

could probably try the other wheel pulleys I have with it so I can use smaller wheels but then the upgrade to my current board would be missing pulleys :thinking:

Small pebbles will get kicked up by the front wheels and hit the enclosure. :smiley: Unless you’re exclusively riding on meticulously cleaned tracks this will happen to you.

Epoxy is not even close to be tough enough to withstand such chipping. Bed liner would be a better choice if you want to preserve a uniform black look.

3 Likes

I should build a broom attachment for the front of boards.

1 Like

I’ve been considering a plow for snowy days, broom shields behind the wheels would help with kickback.

Not on my builds they don’t. My wheels are too far in front of the deck for rocks to hit it that way. Also, once again, the epoxy work is all on the back end of the enclosure anyway where it is safe.

Instead I get the feature of rocks being kicked up at me. I have too many random small bruises as a result. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Can i see the surf adapter

The sexy one meant for this build painted red by me:

and its custom painted extension bracket:

it is out of reach and I’m not getting up to get it. So have this old post clear epoxy application photo taken in the shower

What they will look like together but with a slightly different deck shape and length and bigger wheels unless I can buy new pulleys so I can use my smaller abec core wheels:

This is their exclusive blue version that they only sell on the pre-built boards unless you’re special and manage to destroy their product through normal use and loose your flesh and blood in the resulting crash

2 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve never seen “superfluous” manifested in physical form as much as this before.

2 Likes

25mm of risers

1 Like

Redundancy has reached a new pinnacle…

2 Likes

From Facebook:

8 Likes

This is epic

Actually, I want that

2 Likes

3 Likes