DIWHY did you build this

16 Likes

My eyes just keep moving from spot to spot trying to let my brain catch up

12 Likes

i don’t know where to start asking questions, imma head out now

7 Likes

Where tf did he get those trucks? How??

1 Like

Those trucks are on AliExpress but where tf he get those hubs??

1 Like

I found them in a couple minutes on aliexpress: 6 Inch 36v 250w 350w Blance Brushless Motor Wheel For Drift Car Motor Electric Scooter Front Tires Hub Motor - Electric Bicycle Motor - AliExpress

1 Like

Fuck I found peak aliexpress:

16 Likes

Hoover hubs

Has anyone made an esk8 that has two one wheels as its motors and only wheels?
This horrible idea was inspired by seeing that hub image be so large.

4 Likes

That is so scary it’s actually cool.
Umm…not to ride, just to look at.

1 Like

I’ve often thought of sticking 4x funwheel motors on to those AliExpress hub motor matrix 1 things

2 Likes

Using 4 of those massive motors would also make for an amazingly stupid board. Just figured that only using two would be more reasonable to put together.

1 Like

(Other colors are available)

Wear some good gloves, you will NOT get this stuff off your hands, without shedding skin.

1 Like

The remote mod is actually okish, I’m guessing that’s just some kind of hardening putty?

yeah they make two versions of those hubs; geared and ungeared. Ungeared is 40kph max speed (unloaded) and geared is like walking speed max. I’ve seriously considered building an electric-assist wheelbarrow of some kind with a set of those. Or at least something I can vice-grip to the transport carts at junkyards to move around big heavy car parts I’m pulling

1 Like

Grin makes a nice hub for that

2 Likes

I can’t help but suddenly find myself questioning my life choices as I spend WAY too long checking out ESCs for eWheelbarrows :joy:

12 Likes

Everyone’s gotta go through a phase where things are literally held together by tape, right?

3 Likes

For me it was zip ties, but yeah. :smiley:

1 Like

I got some, I think, but they may not be long enough. I can’t be bothered to buy longer ones.